Hydrogen injection ???

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that exact argument almost on a weekly basis with my tree hugger friends. I'm to the point I don't even argue much anymore because they are so misguided it's not worth burning the calories.LOL
I'm with you there. Problem for me is, most of my family fits into that category. I just walk away when the topic's brought up...I've tried to explain my viewpoint to them, and their response has been downright condescending...

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm with you there. Problem for me is, most of my family fits into that category. I just walk away when the topic's brought up...I've tried to explain my viewpoint to them, and their response has been downright condescending...

Same thing im my family. The only difference is that us conservatives in the family outnumber the liberals in my family 3 to 1. And even though the liberal in my family is outnumbered (my uncle on my dads side), he always has to bring up something political, like the environment and all of the things we are doing to hurt it. I mean come on hes gotta know that he wont win the debate cookoo .

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rangerwreck. Where did you get your efficiency numbers? If your talking about stoichiometric efficiency (or however you spell it), a properly tuned diesel should be in the area of 75-80% efficient. A mild street performance gas engine is near 80-85% efficient. While a highly tuned racing engine on racing fuel is 100-110% efficient. Maybe you're talking about a different type of efficiency than I'm familiar with.

It sounds like you're talking about volumetric efficiency?

I'm referring to the mechanic efficiency. The energy contained in raw fuel, converted into usable work by the motor. ICEs are between 20 and 30% efficient. Most of the energy in fuel just gets turned into useless heat. Electric motors are up to 90% efficient!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_combustion_engine#Engine_Efficiency

There's a little blurb about hydrogen increasing the efficiency as well... neat! All this talk is starting to make me a believer in hydrogen injection, now that I understand more how it works.

Anyone got any good electrolyzer plans?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online