Hydroboost hose location

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched through the forums, I can't find it anywhere. Anyone have a diagram of how the hoses are routed from the PS pump to the hydroboost, to the steering box.

I can't figure out which side of the hydro is the pressure side and which goes to the steering box

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont have diagram but the pressure line goes, Pump to HB, HB to box.
returns are box to pump, HB to pump. Dunno if that helps.

ah i see what you are saying. Quick way to check which goes to the box, put some fluid in the HB, and press the brake. Upon release it will squirt out of one hole. On my SD booster is is the one near the firewall closer to driver side.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any return line is not a fitted line. In other words they do not have fittings on them. They are low pressure return lines. As for the high pressure lines they can only fit one way because of how they are bent and make. Sorry I do not have any pics of how they fit.

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so the lines route from the pump to the booster, booster to steering box, steering box to pump, and a second return from booster to the pump?

Yes, I do have factory replacement lines, I was kinda hoping like y'all said. That is they're factory lines they should fit were they're supposed to go

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk