hydroboost fluid?

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what power steering fluid should we use/ what is every one using?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I use ATF. It could be any flavor because the pump and booster are not fussy.

Mobil 1 or Valvoline Max Life are good to use.:Thumbs Up

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I believe typ4 was using some wet/dry clutch/brake tractor hydraulic fluid.
Sounds better than ATF, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use IH hy Tran in my power steering. Handles heat and doesn't foam. Hy-Tran is case international's hydraulic/differential/transmission fluid.

Chase

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
It's the same viscosity as trans fluid and smells about the same.
Expensive though.

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the same viscosity as trans fluid and smells about the same.
Expensive as f$%# too.
I'd encourage you to remove the Fbomb from your post before it's done for you. Not something that goes over well here at all.

JM2CW

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Admins should step into the 21st century and add an automatic censor if they don't want users swearing.

Kinda funny how people cry so much over a simple 4 letter word.

Edited.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
There was no creative spelling, it was spelled out. So obviously the filter doesn't work very well. Lol

/thread hijack

Hitran would be fine if you want to pay the high price. I'd just use any kind of trans or hydraulic fluid. I've also heard of people running full syn 0w20 in power steering systems.
I'd run dexron2 in it since that's what the trans takes and you'd have extra for trans OR steering if you carry a couple quarts around.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
There was no creative spelling, it was spelled out. So obviously the filter doesn't work very well.

The point,although not spelled out in the rules, is that swearing does nothing to impart information, the primary function of these forums. Profanity also sends a message to possible sponsors that we don't care how people act when on the forums. No sponsors= no Oilburners (possibly).

I understood and even respect your use of the deleted word to emphasize the costly nature of the oil, but how we speak in person is far different than how our words are perceived on the interwebs. Try using your typing time to create words or phrases that (a) will not alert the censors and (b) get your point across without insulting anyone (I like to try for funny). I'm not a moderator (I have had some posts removed for swearing - I didn't realize what I had done), just a forum associate who wants to be helpful. Sorry if I seem nosy.

If you really like typing profanity, there is a section for that. Just ask for access to the refinery. It is an adults only area.

Back to the oil - I'm probably going to use turbine oil because my machines use it and I have about 40 spare gallons of the stuff. First I need to install the hydroboost setup.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
I don't "like"typing profanity, I just don't like being told I can't when I actually decide to. I'm on a few lightly moderated forums where pretty much anything goes and that carries over onto others.

Refinery sounds interesting. One of the mods can add me if they read this.

We have totally derailed this thread over one little word...

What is turbine oil? Makes me think some kind aircraft hydraulic fluid, I know that's nasty stuff.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
It is mostly refined hydraulic fluid, but has some lubricity qualities. It is specified for a couple of my NC machines to run the hydraulic systems. On the barrel, it says, "Turbine Oil, R&O 150, ISO VG 32." Don't know much about the standards met, but it works well for the machines under pressure all day long, I would presume it would be just fine for power steering.