Hydraulic Clutch Assembly

Reaction score
Can you still get the hydraulic clutch assembly with the metal housing for the 80-86? I've also heard reference to a steel line to go between the clutch master and slave. In fact I think I saw this in one of Mel's pics. I would assume this has some sort of rubber hose between the cab and tranny. Anyone have any information?

Thanks,

Paul

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As bad of a rap the plastic slave cylinders get, they are really built pretty solid. There is a stainless steel sleeve inside the plastic housing that the aluminum piston rides on. Only when I disected a slave cyl and discovered just how tough it is, did I finally have more faith in it. I know there is a aftermarket manuf making the aluminum slave but I really doubt they went through all the effort the OE guys did to make the bore tougher with a sleeve.

Reaction score
Towcat,

You're probably right. I think the longevity of the plastic unit is phenominal. I've logged over 200,000 on two separate units...with the occasional top off.

I'm just not a fan of that bleeder. I was hoping that it would be another part number through Ford. I did not know they were an aftermarket deal.

Thanks for the heads up.

Paul