How big of 5ver are you pulling?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I pull a 8 ft open utility trailer behind my 5er sometimes when we need to drag more stuff along, otherwise I have a hitch insert to pop my mobility scooter in there to hang it off the back, but I don't have any trouble in the midwest states. A quick google search should bring up a few charts that show which states allow the double tow. there's only a few that won't let you, like CA has a restriction where it can only be a watercraft ( really ticked me off when I went out there a couple of years ago, I could have used the extra cargo space on an extended trip) plus when towing double, you have to be VERY careful where youget off the interstate.. A n extremely large fuel tank is pretty much a requirement for towing double as you can't just pull into any station and don't load the last tow any heavier than you and your crew can push, because time may arise when you may find yourself between a rock and a hard place through no fault of your own ( I had the moron parking staff at Silver Dollar City try to shoehorn me into the wrong lot one time and if I hadn't spent a number of years pushing a big truck, I never would have wriggled that beast through there without having to pull it apart)

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we live in our 5thwheel 33' toy box dry 8280 full 13500 truck 7200 we can run 60 65 flat land in the big hills i dont push it do to heat 55mph is good for us. 3 trips across us and still on the go ;Sweet

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
28ft Komfort just over 10k lbs loaded. I can pull just about any speed on the flats, caught myself doing 70 a few times, but normally run the cruise at 65. A 2 mile long 6-7% grade and I'm down to 45 mph.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Kentucky, you can double up, but the max length is 75 feet. The guy I bought my 5'er from regularly pulled his ski boat behind the camper. I don't plan on doubling up, but it's nice to know that's an option here.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes