Hose Inside Diameter and other parts

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the ID of the following lines?
Vac lines
Waste gate hose
Heater hose on passenger side
Return lines(both at injectors and the one from engine to tanks)
Feed lines(tanks,to pump,filter head to IP)
Any other small rubber hoses that use hose clamps

I am not gonna reuse any of the old hoses when I install this engine in White Lightning.Figure go ahead and do it now since all the lines are 12 years old.

Also,where can I get return caps in bulk and O rings in bulk?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you just take a piece of the old hose and measure it? Heater hose is usually 5/8. Return lines are either 1/4 or 3/16 depending on the caps being used.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Wouldn't you just take a piece of the old hose and measure it? Heater hose is usually 5/8. Return lines are either 1/4 or 3/16 depending on the caps being used.

I would but I am lazy right now(or would that be cheap at $2.42 a gallon) to drive the 10 miles out to the shop where the truck is.Glad no one lives close by to get a picture of both of them right now.......sure there would be a lynch mob after me.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. That would explain why your asking then.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
I would but I am lazy right now(or would that be cheap at $2.42 a gallon) to drive the 10 miles out to the shop where the truck is.Glad no one lives close by to get a picture of both of them right now.......sure there would be a lynch mob after me.
got no idea what you are going to do when it hits $3.09/gal like it is out here :eek: -cuss :mad: :eek: -cuss :mad:

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Hose is fairly cheap. I've found that keeping it on-hand pays for itself. 3/16, 1/4 and 5/8 is usally all it takes to do anything. I also carry 3/8 & 1/2 for other stuff.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Anytime I get hose I always take a piece with me to the parts store because sure as s*** you buy a bunch of hose and bring it home and its the wrong stuff -cuss

When I was working on heavy equipment earlier this year I always took any rubber parts to the store saved alot of headaches.

Quit the belly aching about the price of fuel we are still paying 3.18 dollars US funds for a US gallon of fuel. The price for regular gas is 3.21 to 3.52 for a US gallon yikes glad I drive a diesel.

Its well worth going out to the truck and get all the hoses you need then take them to the store you maybe spending more money on the wrong size hose and extra fuel driving back and forth to the store.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pacific said:
Quit the belly aching about the price of fuel we are still paying 3.18 dollars US funds for a US gallon of fuel. The price for regular gas is 3.21 to 3.52 for a US gallon yikes glad I drive a diesel.

Uuuuhhhhh.......who the heck are you to cap on him about "belly aching" cookoo :rolleyes: cookoo :rolleyes: cookoo

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Correction.........$2.499 as of today.......YAAAAAAY,87 Octane and diesel are the same finally!!!!Think I am gonna start driving the deuce and a half.It'll eat anything.WVO,Bio,Gasoline,diesel,SVO,Stale beer!Maybe dump some of that junk floating in my CNC machines coolant tank in the truck.Think it used to be Hydrolic fluid and DTE Light oil....

Last edited:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Just saying you guys are lucky fuel is still "Cheap" down in the US it just keeps climbing higher here. Got no choice thou gotta buy fuel this area is rural there is no busses or taxi's and walking to the grocery store etc is out of the question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online