Holy Crap!! Check that rag joint....

Exekiel69

Reaction score

A complete Borgeson shaft has U-joints at both ends, completely eliminating the factory crap.

Also, they telescope farther, in case you have, or want, a body-lift.

As soon as the weather breaks, I am going Borgeson shaft, RedHead gear-box, and work my way across from there.

I would really rather find a Dana 60 front end and get rid of this tire-eating wandering-around Twin-I-Beam mess.:puke:

I will find one, real cheap, a few days after I get done spending a fortune on the mess I already have.cookoo

I would do exactly the same. Maybe they are more expensive but they will eliminate this problem for a very long time. Now since I can't spend this much money on that setup I will replace this rubber joint since My steering isn't so bad but the ones You guys posted sure look like the way to go once I raise the money for this new project too.

RedTruck

Reaction score
Rob beat me to it.

If you're having problems, go to the junk yard with your old one and do some looking around. I have a 62 1200 IHC pickup with a Scout drivetrain where I had problems making the steering work. One quick trip to the bone yard and $5 dollars later...problem solved.

Paul

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No picture; but, the rag-joint is on the steering shaft, under the hood, just ahead of the brake master-cylinder.

Not on my 88...I have what looks like a small Universal Joint at the top end. now where the shaft goes under the p-steering pump is a sleeve covering, unless mine is under that. If so not very easy to see.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on my 88...I have what looks like a small Universal Joint at the top end. now where the shaft goes under the p-steering pump is a sleeve covering, unless mine is under that. If so not very easy to see.

:yell: Please forgive me for the first mistake:eek: I have ever made in my life.:angel:

I went back and edited that post.

I was talking about my 85 Ford, and describing the wife's 91 Dodge/Cummins.

I won't have to worry about none of that cheapie-looking :puke: mess in a few days, as I just dropped the order for a :backoff Borgeson in the mail-box.

I went with the #985 with U-joints both ends and the vibration/shock absorber unit, $276.88 + $10 shipping.

Next step in the right direction is RedHead steering-gear box.