Holley red pump and waste oil

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
How many using this setup and are you happy with it?

I am using it. It preforms well but I can hear the pump change it's "tune" when switched to WMO. I need to get another one and turn my fuel tank selector switch to a fuel PUMP selector switch so when the WMO kills the Holley Red I can still get around.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
wont pump pure crude at all and much more than a 50/50 and it cant keep up well lighting up my filter light.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
My Holley Red seems to be doing alright so far, but like International's it sings in a lower key on homebrew. It keeps up with demand fine, but I'm running a non-stock filter setup...

built4tq1

Reaction score
Any other pumps you guys know of that works better than this one? I'm sure the factory mechanical lift pump would be fine? however I reallly wanna go electric for reasons of my own. Thanks

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of procomps. They work when its warm, but not much more than that. I think they are the starting problems I was having prior to losing my oil pressure.

SWS

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My holley red works fine with a 50/50 mix but pure wmo and the pump strugles and will not keep up with fuel demand when heavy on the go pedal. Also when it gets below 40 degrees I try to slim down on the wmo too. Pump does not like it to well when it gets colder.