HIghest WMO/Diesel Ratio on a stock 6.9l IDI?

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 89 7.3 that I'm running 100% WMO once it is warmed up. If I only shut down for 2-3 hours I fire back up on the waste oil. So far I'm having no issues.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know after next week. I bought a mercedes 300 sd in Las Vegas so I'm gonna take my 87 turbo dually on the trip and am gonna try and run 100%.
But first I'll check the injectors to make sure they're up to *****.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I have all the parts for my filtration rig, I plan on taking running my front tank (16 gallons) dry and using it to test blends with the rear full of straight diesel. Once I'm done testing I'll switch since the rear is the larger tank (45 gallons). I'll start 50/50.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i run 100 in my 7.3, same injection system, i do run it through a plate exchanger to heat it and start and shut down on a lighter mix.

power seems about the same maybe slyightly less and EGT's seem to go down about 100deg.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue for most is getting them to start on 100%. May not be a problem in the summer, but in the Winter, it ain't happenin'. LOL

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't start mine on 100% wmo now when its warm outside now so I can imagine what it is like when it gets colder. It will start I guess but it takes alot of cranks. Will plugging the block heater in over night help with this issue of wmo starting during summertime??

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
i live about 100 miles from hell and it gets 100 plus degrees here and its pretty hot during the nite and ive tried to start my trk on 100% wmo and it dont want to start at all it fires eventually but i got one tank good ol #2 and my front 100 wmo when it gets to temp i just switch tanks if i have to let the truck sit for more than 8 hours i shut down on diesel

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I run a 50/50 mix as we speak! But I live in Hi Desert country and It can get real cold at night and hot during the day! I guess it would depend a lot on your area conditions. JMHO

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 89 7.3 that I'm running 100% WMO once it is warmed up. If I only shut down for 2-3 hours I fire back up on the waste oil. So far I'm having no issues.

Thats what I do, for the last 4K. I pulled all of the injectors about 2 weeks ago and all the holes were clean. Just a little ash on the tips....

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I basically just wanted to know how 100% behaved combustion wise. The temp stuff I'll worry about. I'm going to run 50/50 first, and then try 100% in my rear tank see how that goes. If the truck behaves then I'll plmub the tank with a heating element of some sort.

sassyrel

Reaction score
100%--just make sure that about three miles from home you switch over to diesel---will pass thru the lines quick--so your starting on that in the morning--

jrou111

Reaction score
I run 90/10 all the time. It takes two GP cycles to start in the morning, but if I plug in the block heater for 15-30min it'll fire right up. I have to run alot of errands, so I stop and start alot. Once the engine has warmed up in the morning, it starts no more difficult than on diesel.

But I live on the gulf coast, so it'll stay 80+ through December.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online