hey havn't been on in a while...questions?

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a 02 chevy 1500 2wd ext cab short bed v6 and I love the sound of it in stock forum. But I want it to be a louder sound it idles like a 350 Chevy. Now can I take the stock muffler and cut it in half? Would it be louder at all since I am cheap lol or would it just sound crappy? On the other hand what option would I have since the muffler is like 2 and a half feet long????? Any tips or advice would be helpful.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a 4.3 v-6 can only move so much air. if you're cheap, there's nothing that can be done other than straight piping the truck or even cheaper by cutting off the muffler and putting a turn-down at the cut or nothing at all.

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey towcat how are ya?

Well ok a better muffler would do the trick like a welded thirst muffler at advance auto I mean would it sound more like a truck? And how you been towcat Havn't been on in awhile

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trust me. there's nothing you can do to a 4.3 to make it sound like a v8. no matter what muffler you put on it, it will still will sound like a v6.
i've owned more than a few of these motors in s10's, s15's and astro minivans. i'm still around.:D