Here is some wonderfful news from Ats!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be reasonable to modify a hypermax setup to sustain 20 PSI? What's the general rule for the max boost they support out of the box?

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't even cut the bottom off, it just popped into place after rolling it into the other grommet. I believe thats the right part number too.

Had to cut the bottom off as it was baffled. I don't want anything impeding the flow of oil at all. Will post some pics up of the install tomorrow.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Had to cut the bottom off as it was baffled. I don't want anything impeding the flow of oil at all. Will post some pics up of the install tomorrow.

Ooh it was baffled? Hmm. I wonder if they updated the part or if there is in fact some difference there between the part # you ended up getting and the part that I had sitting around from the crank case evac system we use in our race engines. It would be nice if we could get the same piece that I used that way theres no cutting involved.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to get all the parts I needed for my used Wastegated Banks turbo for the crew cab. Weird stuff too. Seems Banks is still hanging in there, but for how long?:dunno

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be reasonable to modify a hypermax setup to sustain 20 PSI? What's the general rule for the max boost they support out of the box?

The boost you get out of anybody's turbo is going to be a function of the A/R ratio. Something I don't really understand much about, but Hypermax doesn't make the actual turbo itself. Parts are interchangeable with other Garrett models I would suspect.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ATS isn't going to make the part any longer, why not call them up and ask for the engineering data or drawings so that a suitable replacement can be located or made?

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get all the parts I needed for my used Wastegated Banks turbo for the crew cab. Weird stuff too. Seems Banks is still hanging in there, but for how long?:dunno

Heath

My understanding from when I got parts frothem was as long as supplies last. I'm pretty sure it was for all IDI stuff, not just my first gen.

With any luck, Hypermax will get enough business from everyone else bailing that they can keep supporting us for a while.