Help Leaking fuel filter

jernordic7.3

Reaction score
Just installed a Holly red electric lift pump on my 93 7.3 turbo and now have fuel leaking from the bottom of the fuel filter. Never had this problem before the filter has only 4,000 miles on it and the pump is set at 7psi. Any thoughts on why it happened and how to make it stop are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jernordic7.3

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Take a filter wrench and snug it up some. They usually tighten up easily. Check the top electrical fitting for the leak. It has an o-ring sealing it that can be easily replaced.

jernordic7.3

Reaction score
I cant say for sure where it is leaking from its a lot and coming from all over. It seams to be a little more from the area of the sensor.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The under side i believe it's the one for water in fuel.

I take it you have one of those hollow-bottom filters that the drain/sensor screws into; I HATE THOSE THINGS.:puke:

There are two O-rings (or is it one) on the plastic water-in-fuel sensor gizmo.

Screw it out and check the O-ring(s), replacing if necessary.

You can get solid-bottom filters that completely do away with that mess; and, you can also get integral-drain filters that have a drain-valve made right on the filter = much superior to that hollow-bottom mess.

jernordic7.3

Reaction score
I dont like that thing anymore. I just tightened it up with channel locks and got it leaking less going to try to buy a new o ring or the filter set, a new filter isn't going to hurt.