Help! Clutch pedal problem

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving to work today minding my own business and then I go to shift to third and the clutch just slams to the floor, so my thought is its just linkage?

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
the little E clip that holds the pedal onto the rail came off or broke. OR the little bushing inside of it came apart. If the E clip came off you can try to find one but they arent fun to get back on or the right size usually... I used a hairpin like for a hitch lock it popped over the little grove the e clip was in just fine. If the bushing or grommet broke then you can try using a brass pin bushing that is the same size to take up the slack.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the plastic line melt on one of my trucks that had a turbo

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm ic, i didnt see any fluid? but i just did a quick check b/c i had to go to work. guess ill just take it all apart according to haynes on my day off.....simp do you have a part number for that clip thing you are referring to? sounds like you have a nice redneck setup going on, have any pics?

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks a bunch, im pretty sure the bolts/screws will put up a fight is it ok to spray them with moov it first? or wd40?

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know if this changes anything but itll go all the way to to floor and the only way to get it back is to pull it with my hand, the clutch never needed to be pushed 'through the floorboard' when it was working good

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
the rod has come off like in my first post. pick up a hair pin like for a trailer hitch pin.... pull the clutch pedal back up and slide the clutch rod back onto the pedal arm that is coming out. about 2/3" long and put the hair pin into the groove on the very end.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rod has come off like in my first post. pick up a hair pin like for a trailer hitch pin.... pull the clutch pedal back up and slide the clutch rod back onto the pedal arm that is coming out. about 2/3" long and put the hair pin into the groove on the very end.

ok, so trailer hitch pins are one size fits all, this is sounding alot easier fix then I thought it would be thanks!

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O your taking about the lil thing that goes on the end of the hitch lock to keep the tongue attached?

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ok, so trailer hitch pins are one size fits all, this is sounding alot easier fix then I thought it would be thanks!

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
If it is just linkage I would go find the proper bushing that goes in the master cyl rod there are on the help ailse(with door handles and common bushings and such) of most any parts chain store rubbing metal rod on metal pin seems like it would cause pretty good wear over time. at least put some good thick teflon in there and check it periodically