Clutch pedal to the floor

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, after they hauled Shatner away, they really did find damage done to that engine and it wasn't from lightning.
I'm gonna hafta watch that one again...I don't remember that part of it but it could have been edited.

Thanks for clarifying that...

I'm gonna hafta get in this betting pool...but its gotta be something Y'all haven't thought of...which is nothing, basically...

I think the clutch pivot ball stud has split wide open...or...the fork is in two pieces...freak stress riser created when the fork was stamped out at the factory...?

I am not wishing that...but I am lousy at cards, too...

The pin could have walked out of the hydraulic hose and blown out...??

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
But that’d likely result in sloppy clutch pedal rather than it hitting the floor.
No. That bushing holds the clutch actuating rod onto the arm. When the bushinhwears, it no longer holds the rod on and it pops off with the pedal going to the floor. Plus there's no warning.
and coming up on a red light that changed real quick and stomping the floor board really hard to find there wasn't even a pedal there!.........
Yep. I've done that before.
I'm gonna hafta watch that one again...I don't remember that part of it but it could have been edited.
Now I haven't seen that since some time in the 90's. It seems like they wheel him out past a couple of mechanics that are going over the plane since everyone thought it was lightning that took out the engine. Either they find scratches from the monster's claws or they find some weird kind of hair from it or something like that. It may last for 30 seconds right at the end of the episode. Then again, it may just be my memory playing tricks on me.

94f350

Reaction score
So as it turns out the lever that pushes the master cylinder rod just broke, like a clean break. I used a vice grip to hold it together for the day until I fix it later.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two questions...was it an original Peterson or Irwin vise-grip..?

Or did you use some knock-off..? Oops...that was two questions...

I got another one...who won the betting pool on what was wrong..?

At least you reported back with us..not everyone does...thanks for the update.

94f350

Reaction score
I got two questions...was it an original Peterson or Irwin vise-grip..?

Or did you use some knock-off..? Oops...that was two questions...

I got another one...who won the betting pool on what was wrong..?

At least you reported back with us..not everyone does...thanks for the update.
It's a crescent I think. Gonna fix it legit sometime today

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online