Help! Clutch pedal problem

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so id just scrap the old metal/plastic rod and throw this sucker in? (and adjust it to length ofcourse)

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently they don't have that part number (guess canada and americas numbers are
Different) do you happen to know what make model etc that part is meant for?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
its just a general item its not listed for a certain vehicle. that is a napa part number other parts places might have different numbers so they would have to cross reference that number. Not sure how you would find it if thats not possible but it is a balkamp part.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cross referenced the part number with the name....since the only thing the incompetent lady behind the counter could tell me is 'this is canada'. right now its going to be here in two days my dad also rigged up a pretty sweet set up looks almost identical to the napa one :D......thats a good price thanks sikpup! and thanks to all who replied to this thread and have helped me!

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/compatibility-chart/B001PYFZLO/ref=au_pf_dp_chart

Did you get the rod out with the MC still bolted to the firewall from the inside ? Buy a new MC and just use the rod ! Save the MC for later.
/
so to get the rod back in (i wasnt the one who took it out) do i just shove it into the mc?

http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh529/Gavin_Dhillon/
^ those are the parts i have....from what i can tell the first picture with the two identical lever looking things is the part that attaches to the rod and the other and attaches to the pedal assembly?

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
My clutch pedal slapped the floorboard one time and long story short I was missing about 6'' of my bellhousing :eek: and the fork was competely gone :dunno have no idea where it went and the slave cylinder was just hangin there

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My clutch pedal slapped the floorboard one time and long story short I was missing about 6'' of my bellhousing :eek: and the fork was competely gone :dunno have no idea where it went and the slave cylinder was just hangin there[/QUOTE
]

That would suck, howd you end up repairing that

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soo maybe I need to be more direct with my question, how would I go about getting the push rod back into the master cylinder?.....and to bleed the system would I use the brake dot 3 stuff?

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Soo maybe I need to be more direct with my question, how would I go about getting the push rod back into the master cylinder?.....and to bleed the system would I use the brake dot 3 stuff?

The push rod fits tight in the master you just have to force it in there. When I did the zf swap on my truck, I put a new master on it so i had it out of the truck when I put it in.
And DOT 3 should be fine.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured out where the white cylinder with spring go (inside the mc)....this shall be fun to put back together :/

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pedal slapped the floor again, so I checked mc rod right away then checked mc reservoir, I saw no brake fluid so I went underneath the truck and saw fluid in the front drive shaft, ground and slave...I think its safe to assume I need a new slave. do you guys think I should change the line while I'm at it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online