Help! Clutch pedal problem

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I will try that when I get home, so if it's broken it will move and if it is fine it will stay firm where it is?

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Check the white plastic clip that holds the clutch MC rod to the pedal, that breaks and pedal goes to floor. Also ford clutch MC rod (where that plastic clip holds everything together) breaks too. That part of rod is plastic... I have had problems with both ! I found an older all metal rod and cut it to lenght and matched the original .
SIKPUP

Attachments

• getimage.jpg
    getimage.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 3
  • getimage 2.jpg
    getimage 2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, my pops used his milwork ingenuity to fix it. I guess it was just the clip but now it doesnt turn over I'm thinking it's just the clutch safety switch.....how do I by pass it?

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
cut the 2 red with blue stripe wires, strip the cover off the wires and twist them together and tape them up.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Yes they are the 2 wires on the switch, and no you dont disconnect the batteries. the key only needs to be off.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so in theory i could place a toggle switch there and have it as a anti theft device?

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh! so trhe eye on the mc is now broken, only way to replace this is change the whole unit?

SIKPUP

Reaction score
If you look at the push rod , the plastic end with the loop in it is bigger diameter than the metal part. That bigger plastic diameter is what pushes on the switch for your truck to start. the switch just clips around the rod. The rod can be replaced without removing the MC. I got a rod from an older truck that was all metal and cut and notched it to match, the older one was all metal and the switch just clipped back on. You can start it by pushing in on the switch.
SIKPUP:D

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you guys know if the line from reservoir that is attached from bottom (on my truck) will work with a mc revservoir that has the line attachment on the front of it? took a looksies at the local wreckers there was only the rods with the plastic ends :(.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online