heater core trouble

lastbugle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the heater just gave out and I need to pull it. I was looking and do I pull it from the motor side or under the dash 92 ford F250... Thanks.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that you pull it from under the dash in the cab. Just take a look under the glove box and start removing the bolts that hold the plastic covering over the heater. Other then that its fairly straight forward, just put it back together the same way and came apart and youll be back in buisness in no time.

RedTruck

Reaction score
I think I have a spare non AC heater core if you're interested. It would be from a 80-86 model though.

Paul

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Good luck...I've looked at pulling mine and didnt get farther then that, looks way to involved LOL

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We gotta clarify things here tho, is the truck A/C or non-A/C setup? Those with the factory A/C are a piece of cake - as mentioned pull the glove box, undo bolts for access cover on the plenum, remove access cover, pull the old heater core, put the new one in, and reassemble. May wanna check for air leaks around the access cover edges before you put the glove box back in tho, my cover was warped from the heat and decent amount of air was leaking out of the plenum and never making it to the vents ducting - some clear silicone took care of that rather nicely.

If you have a non-A/C truck with the high-output core, those I hear are a bear to do, but since I ain't never done it I can't be of any help there.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I remember when I did mine on The Enterprise... I was getting ready for a huge long drawn out job... took me an hour total... first ten mins was pulling it, then had to run in an post that I couldn't believe it was so dang easy and to say sorry for not believing everyone when they said it was so easy.... then 10 more mins to reinstall it.

Trust me it's that easy - I wish all vehicles HVAC systems were designed by the guy that came up with that system. That engineer obviously grew up with a wrench in his hand....

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me it's that easy - I wish all vehicles HVAC systems were designed by the guy that came up with that system. That engineer obviously grew up with a wrench in his hand....
Now the guy who designed the HVAC of the Panther-chassis fullsize cars on the other hand... yeah, it's probably a good thing he remained anonymous :backoff