Heat

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compressor is running if frost on lines. You can run in vent and have heat without compressor running.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems your ducts are stuck in one position. It doesn’t go to floor when in that position does it?

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you run the ac with the temperature at about half it will help to defrost your windows.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is normal to have heat in max and ac if the temp knob is turned up.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch for the vents uses vacuum. Do you still have the open vacuum line under your hood? I wonder if the not changing from dash to floor to defrost is a vacuum problem or even the switch in the dash.

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems your ducts are stuck in one position. It doesn’t go to floor when in that position does it?
nothing on floor. very little on defrost
Very little on floor. Not near as warm as what’s coming out ac vents though. Defrost blows good just same temp as floor. I’d say cab temperature

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch for the vents uses vacuum. Do you still have the open vacuum line under your hood? I wonder if the not changing from dash to floor to defrost is a vacuum problem or even the switch in the dash.
I patched that vacuum line. I thought that was for recirculating the air though so I zip tied it back

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying the air flow will change from the vents to the defrost and the floor but the heat does not switch with it. The heat only blows out the vents?

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve wondered about the switch. On ac, to get max ac I have to switch to norm ac then back to max ac. I was told the switch shouldn’t be the issue