headed to iraq

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Good luck Brother!! Go safe! Burt said the rest.
Looks like you got all you need for information. We can't thank you enough for your service.
We love you Mr. Bill

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks yall. kinda wish i was going with an infantry unit but i got volintold to become an 88m and train to drive the HET. its a kick ass truck but i miss the infantry. it is what it is least i get to be in the gun truck mostly.

HarryLodge

Reaction score
Thanks for your service. My son was in the First Cav over there for 15 months. I will tell you like I told him, "Keep your head and butt down." May God bless you!!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I can't add anything to the truck prep, but thanks for your service. My son is going to the gulf again in a couple of months (Navy), so I'll tell you what I tell him. Keep your eyes and ears open and your head down. When in doubt, shoot some more.

You have a whole forum full of support here waiting for reports when you get back. Good luck.

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your service. It's because of brave warriors like yourself that the rest of us can enjoy the simple things in life. God bless!

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck over in Iraq. Use your head to think with and don't volunteer for nuthin especially weird experimental type vaccines. Use your protective gear when you get in areas that may have chemicals/fumes. Have *** only with approved hookers or your hand. Try to be nice to the civilians without endangering yourself or others.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the service that allows us the freedoms that most take for granted every day.
It's because of the voluntary sacrifice like yours that we're all still living in the USA. ;Sweet

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will have internet hit and miss over there so i will be on here when i get a chance. i will stay as safe as i can for sure. got to much to do here like make it to a rally.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am getting deployed to iraq this oct. and will be over there for 12 -14 months or whenever the army lets me come home. my truck will be sitting in the barn while i am away. is there anything i should do to it besides unhook the batts and set it on blocks?

Good luck to you I hope you arrive back safe. One thing I would not do though is use Mothballs in the cab or anywhere near the truck. Not only will you have a hard time getting the smell out but they are also cancerous. If a domesticated animal were to get into them and eat them you could be charged with animal cruelty. A while back someone used moth balls along side their fence to keep the neighbors dogs away from the fence and the guy was charged with animal cruelty that he had to pay a fine of $1000.

If their is anyone that will be home while your away or a neighbor near by that will be checking on the place you might want to get a couple of cats if their is a mice problem they will take care of it. Ferrell ones would be best for mice and have someone feed them and give them water while your away.

StoneCity37

Reaction score
Fresh cab is another alternative to mothballs. Smells better and is safer around animals. They are guaranteed for 100 days but will last longer. We use it in our equipment year round and works good. Thanks for your service.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have anyting to add to the truck prep. Everyone has pretty much covered it. But i just wanted to say thank you very much for your service to our country. Be safe and come back home. God speed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online