Head gasket question

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
got my coolant filter ordered from napa today. also sent out my injectors to have pop tested. emailed a stanadyne place for that o-ring on the IP.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
got my coolant filter from napa today. got new glow plug controller, injectors are on the way back from being pop tested. got an IP "reseal" kit ordered so i can replace that o-ring on my IP in one of my pics.

that napa coolant filter head is $$$$, but hey, gotta pay to play. LOL

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
That one cyl that is REALLY clean looks like NEW in person. the pic does not do it justice. any ideas on why that piston is so clean? the head isn't even that clean for that cyl.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Burning coolant usually does that, think of it like a steam cleaner....

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got my coolant filter from napa today. got new glow plug controller, injectors are on the way back from being pop tested. got an IP "reseal" kit ordered so i can replace that o-ring on my IP in one of my pics.

that napa coolant filter head is $$$$, but hey, gotta pay to play. LOL
How much are coolant filter heads going for these days? When I did mine, it was something like $25 or $30...I don't remember exactly, but even after buying all the other materials (filter, fittings including two valves, hoses, metal to make the bracket, etc), it was less than $100...

Congrats on getting the heads off! ;Sweet How bad were the gaskets? Any pics of the blow-out spot?

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
How much are coolant filter heads going for these days? When I did mine, it was something like $25 or $30...I don't remember exactly, but even after buying all the other materials (filter, fittings including two valves, hoses, metal to make the bracket, etc), it was less than $100...

Napa 4019 filter head is around $40-$50 now, and the 4070 filter is about $13 i believe. I just got mine last week. I pieced together some fittings and a head from work to use first, but when I went to match up a filter at Napa, they told me with my company discount I could get the filter and the head for less than $30, and they had it in stock so I went ahead and got it instead of waiting for them to find the right book to look in. I sent my original contraption to Devon to let him finish it up;Sweet Project looks like its coming on pretty good Eric. This work computer wont let me see any of the pics that you posted on here for some reason, but Im assuming they are they same ones on FB? Wish my progress was going as quick as yours. Keep it up;Sweet

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Napa 4019 filter head is around $40-$50 now
WOW the price went up :shocked: still a worthwhile investment IMHO. Just wondering, how's the paint on the filter head? When I got mine back in 2005, the paint that was on it seemed to have been applied as an afterthought...even if I wasn't on a mission to color-code my engine compartment LOL I wouldn't have been comfortable NOT getting a decent coat of paint on it...

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
It looked fine, except that it was green, lol. I just painted it about two hours ago...but Ill post the painted pic on my build thread i guess, so Eric dont wake up and get on here and think Im stealing his threadLOL