guages install 94 factory turbo

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install my guages and would like to know if anyone could tell 1. where is the best place for the egt probe
2. where is the best place for the trans temp probe
3. where is the best place for the boost guage line to hook up at
I am getting ready for a long haul to darlington sc. and would like to turn the pump up for more power in the mountains and possibly turn up the boost a little if I can figure out how. any info is greatly appreciated.

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
Welcome aboard;Sweet!
Im getting ready to put gauges on my factory turbo. Im pretty sure the boost gauge is threaded into a plug in the intake manifold. It has a round top and you need to take the air box off to see it. I also need to know where to put the pyro probe, and oil presure sending unit.

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
I just put gauges in mine and installed my boost connection into the "snail" on the intake I did not feel the need to remove the air box. I installed my thermocouple in the bottom side of the drivers side exhaust manifold just behind #8 cylinder.
I will try and get some pictures tomorrow.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Welcome aboard;Sweet!
Im getting ready to put gauges on my factory turbo. Im pretty sure the boost gauge is threaded into a plug in the intake manifold. It has a round top and you need to take the air box off to see it. I also need to know where to put the pyro probe, and oil presure sending unit.

The oil pressure sending unit is on the back of the block behind the glow plug controller...it's in a ****** of a spot to reach as a non turbo, I can't imagine the fun it will be with a turbo. I just teed into the factory unit with some 1/4 NPT fittings, that way I kept the factory gauge working and engine service light off, but I still had an aftermarked mechanical gauge to use as well. I have pictures of this, I will try and upload them when I get home from BigRigTech's shop tonight.

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed all my guages today. boost guage on the snail where the little plug is, trans temp in the plug just in front of the shifter on the trans and the pyro on the drivers side exhaust manifold in between the last two cylinders (easy spot to get at). I also turned my pump up one flat on the allen wrench. what a huge difference one flat makes it is a totally different truck. I recommend anyone with one of these trucks to do this to theirs it helps alot. The whole procedure took less than 5 hours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online