Got the truck home, big problems already

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is that bolt supposed to be torqued to? Also doesn't the RDT kinda make a mess? I can't be leaving oil spots on customers driveways. I can buy a new CDR if I have to no problem. The one thats on there looks original.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Yes, it'll leave oil spots.

There's not much else you can do. There's nothing that can go wrong with the CDR, so replacing it isn't going to solve anything.

It's either live with your turbo, intake valley pan getting oil slobbered all over them, or rebuild the engine to cure the blowby.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that the engine needs a rebuild. Runs great and has power. Still gotta make sure that the turbo isn't the problem. Here I thought it was going to be nice to have a turbo truck. I think I would almost rather have my old N/A truck back.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try and stay calm. There are only so many placed these leaks can be coming from. The turbo is actually rather simple, it is just different from the NA rig you had. I'd study the ATS turbo diagram linked above very carefully. Use it to search out possible areas for leaks. That truck is very nice and I would love to have one just like it. Hang in there.

Heath

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That would be my purdy motor :rotflmao . I know that my return lines were leaking fuel real bad for a while, and the ip was leaking fuel, and the o ring around the ip was leaking oil. What made it look so bad was the valley pan drain was pluged up with junk and oil was about an inch deep. Also I seldom have much oil drip from the rdt, there is usually more oil that leaks from the seals that the rdt. Here are some more pictures of my dirty engine.

Attachments

• 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 15

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not panicking yet. Right now I don't have to drive it so I am going to clean it all up and put in new injectors and all new fuel lines and return lines. I did notice that the impeller in the turbo has a little play in it. Not bad yet but I am thinking I should probably get it rebuilt anyway.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after looking at the truck and the turbo diagram I am down to a couple theories. its either the supply, the o rings in the pillar, or both. All the oil seems to be concentrated under the turbo. I think I am just going to pull the turbo off and see what I see.