Got my exhaust on

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK... I need 3.5 though...... the rest of the system is going to stay stock size...... just a couple "things" in the middle that look like they are about ready to "fall out"....... Still TruckPro?

i got mine at the electrical store, 10' of 4.5"( 4" conduit so called)
and a 90* bend for 65 bucks.
and its galvanized!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A word on galvanized pipe. Galvanized is zinc plated. Zinc plating doesn't like heat. It might be sorta okay down stream but up where the exhaust is hot, it will burn the zinc off and rot eventually.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying it won't last a good while because conduit is pretty thick but I don't think it will last like aluminized or stainless tubing.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is a cautionary note about welding zink plated parts. Don't do it. The burned gas coming off the welding will kill you. There are osha codes about welding zink too. Just read up on them. Best I can tell you is grind off the zink before welding. An additional note about zink is welding it will make a very porous weld full of pin holes. Also if you wash parts before welding with brakclean then you are really in trouble with poisonous gas. Even though it will leave no film behind and is a terrific cleaner what is left behind turns deadly when heated during welding. Now don't be afraid but be careful welding.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing is better than SS, but it is better than mild steel! sure it will eventually rust, but for the price, it cant be beat!

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
@jhenegh

Do you remember where you got the straight section originally? I am looking to get about 10' of 3.5" and 2 band clamps. I have a couple of "things" in the exhaust I would like to eliminate......... but want to use the band clamps, so I can easily make changed if I so choose.......

I was thinking maybe TruckPro down here in Indy, unless you know of somewhere that is less expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009TOIO0G?refRID=XJCB93VVB3WWRH5CP22V&ref_=ya_st_pd_dx_wl_3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin