Got a story?

Max Power

Reaction score
Everyone has some good 4x4ing stories to tell. Let's here them!

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Well I was 16 years old (only 20 now LoL) my first truck was a 93 Ext. Cab Toyota Pickup. WEAK!:mad: 4cyl Auto. At the time it has a set of 30" mudders on it that only had *maybe* 20% tread left.

Well some friends talked me into breaking the #1 rule of four wheeling one night. NEVER under ANY circumstances go four-wheeling alone! They were building a new park on the edge of our town and everybody wanted to go mudding out there, and I had the only 4x4. So we pile in and head out. At first things were going great slide'n here and there, and having fun. Then I saw a area that looked kinda soupy in a straight stretch that I wanted to try. Well my friends told me not to but I did anyways cause it looked like it was just soupy on the top....you know just some mud to throw on the truck. Well I went for it and was tooling along and all of sudden when were just about out WHAM! uh-uh not budge'n! :( Try as I might she didn't budge and just dug herself deeper the harder I tried. 4 people with 4 cell phones couldn't find but one person to try and come to my rescue. He came out in a 99(I think) Dodge 1500 with some 245 or 265 mudders. Listen to the wrong person backing up to me and high centered his rear diff!:mad: So this was about 11pm and I was running outta options. To make a long story short the law showed up, I had to call my parents, and I was *supposed to have picked up my g/f of the time @ 10PM at her work but couldn't get through to her house cause her stupid sister was on the phone. The next day when we got there my buddies Dodge was gone, my truck was all by its lonesome, and we managed to get a friend of my dad's with a wrecker to pull it out. When we asked what we owed him he just looked at me and said "did you learn anything son?" I told him "yes, NEVER go four wheeling alone" they both laughed and that was the end of it. After a couple of days in the dog house with the g/f.:eek:

Stoked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sank my 98 Dodge 3500 4x4 in the middle of a cotton field in the Texas Panhandle. Walked a mile back to the farm to get a tractor. Big John Deere, but only 2wd. Burried it. Walked back to get the other tractor. Burried it. Started calling all the wrecker companies around Plainview. Found one, but he wasn't totally sure he could do it. He drove his pickup out to make sure first and said if he could get his truck down to the site he could pull it out. He came out in a Peterbuilt wrecker. He drove the truck down a road a quarter mile long and 6" wider than the truck that ran between two bar ditches. He got the truck as closes as he could, spooled out all the cable on his winch, added all the links he had, and came up 10 feet short. He was approximately 140 yards away. We found a chain to make up the difference. He pulled one tractor out first. It was at a 90 degree anglre from the truck and up to the top of the front tires. It had to plow all that mud. The second tractor was facing the rig and was backed up to my truck. We hooked my truck to the tractor and he pulled both out at one time. All said and done it cost me 600 bucks and he didn't charge me for a few things. Could have easily been a grand. I stay away from mud now.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Back before I seen the light I bought a F150 with a silly 6 in it..(got a Powerstroke now) bought it used when out right I got it bought a set of 38" Mickeys wheels and 12 inches of lift ...I knew the Transfer case was locking in ..never checked anything else assumed everything else was working right...A few weeks later we're out riding around and decide to go see what this thing will do in the mud..drop off of this long muddy hill...get to the botton spin it around a few times in 2 wheel drive..get out lock the hubs in to come up the hill think I'll just drive out easy no problem ..make it a few 100 feet and start spinning..uhh ohhh... back down the hill get the flashlight check the hubs to make sure there in...they are... try it again a little faster this time..make it a little futher...back back down the hill...at this point I'm getting pissed...back as far back as I can ..drop the clutch ..do a NHRA style launch..at the bottom of this hill I'm running 50 MPHget all the way to the top trhowing mud like crazy ..about to pull out ..hen some moron in a s-10 starts down the hill hes sliding down and I'm locked up sliding up the hill...well after removing my front bumper from his hood... tred t again..same thing only this time I came out with out trying to mate it with an S-10..got home checked it out to see what the problem was ...who ever had the truck before me put the hubs together backwards...

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About early 80's had a two wheel drive chevy luv with a pretty good running small block chevy in it. Went out to a small pond with a bunch of four wheel drive trucks to watch them play in it. Seemed to be some beer drinkin going on and I did my share of it. Decided I could make it across the pond with a good run at it. Well, a friend and I did make it half way across the pond and then we landed! Didn't realize how much bank there was and we hit it running probably 60. Caved the whole front into the motor. Ya know drinking has caused me alot of problems!Now when I go trailriding I DRINK RESPONSIBLE, except two yrs ago when I turned my blazer over, and last year when that damn jeep broke so many parts. But , don't think beer was involved in all of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron

Members online