Battery jumper packs?

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't drive my Benz in the winter (I'm trying to keep it rust-free) but I had to once. We had less than an inch of snow and I couldn't get up the slight incline on the road to work. A truck happened by and towed me up the last 1/4 mile.
Yeah, they suck in the snow (at least with the summer tires I have on it). I had a '64 Ford Falcon back in the day. I don't think I would have had $ for snow tires and I don't ever remember getting stuck in the snow with that.
Then I came into some $ and bought an RX-7 (not even thinking about winter). I put some really aggressive snow tires on that and had a blast! Rally through the streets before the plows showed up! :)

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I've seen, maybe "have been around" would be a better term, two batteries that exploded. Yes they can definitely explode.
Two different times I blew up batteries!!!!!
Once on a '69 Chev 1 Ton dump truck, hit starter & it blew & dented the hood!

Other time I had charger hooked up & then started grinding metal across shop, sparks flying across shop did it!!!!

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't drive my Benz in the winter (I'm trying to keep it rust-free) but I had to once. We had less than an inch of snow and I couldn't get up the slight incline on the road to work. A truck happened by and towed me up the last 1/4 mile.
Yeah, they suck in the snow (at least with the summer tires I have on it).
At one time or another, I have owned a '73 220D (60 crank hp, wheee!) and a '79 240D, both 4-speeds, and an '83 300SD auto. All were quite drivable in several inches of snow with all-season tires. :dunno

Maybe there was ice underneath that inch of snow you had trouble with? Nothing works on ice but chains or studded tires. Real snow tires on the rears, or even better on all four wheels, made a big improvement,though.