Electrical/Battery Mystery???

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all good i set notifications on all my threads just incase i can answer any suggestions or questions. I ended up replacing my positive battery cable/harness and my truck cranks like new. So I think all along I just had deep corrosion in my positive cables and it was giving me poor power circulation to starter and batteries. Essentially assuming i replaced batteries for no reason. and i bought a powermaster starter thinking it was my starter failing but oh well. new shiny starter, 2 new shiny batteries and a brand new posi battery harness. i'm driving happily now

Yeah the power Master Starter is not a auto parts store rebuilt. It is new out of the box,I have one on my 86, been on there the past 5 years.

It`s good you replaced the battery cables with new one`s. They may look ok, but I noticed on mine they had small little cracks on the whole length of the cable. Water, salt etc can get inside the insulation and you won`t see it slowly corroding the copper inside creating resistance.

It Starter slowly wearing down, the corrosion in the Cables slowly working on them, we don`t really notice it, till one day.....

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry new to the forum experience and I need to remember my threads can help too. Ill be better about coming back with the results and success of any issues I bring up here
We all have come from different starting places in life. Everything we know we learned from some one else, and we pass it onto the next generation.

Yeah it is always good to finalize a thread as to what the out come is/was.

Goat