Goods source of parts online?

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
:dunno

I'm looking for a tranny for my truck. Has anyone had success finding replacements online for a decent price?

Also, I can get a truck in the area with a manual. But it's a F-150. I assume that wouldn't work. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any advice!

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.car-parts.com
This is a website for finding used parts from salvage yards across the country. Generally it's better to find a trans from a yard in your area because of the high cost to ship and for ease of warranty. Now for a rebuilt trans almost anyone who builds is willing to ship for a fee

Trans has to be from diesel only!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was in your truck before? I have a C6 that's yours if you pay shipping and worked well when installed. It's a 90 so it probably had the E4OD? Your best bet might be to get an E4OD rebuild from Brian's Truck Stop in Arkansas, you'll have a bullet proof E4 but it ain't cheap. You can use a manual like that out of an F150 but the complication is that you will need to acquire a diesel bellhousing since it is unique. You've bought yourself a LOT of work. The only way to make it worthwhile is to find a bellhousing for cheap and then find an 87-91 F-series manual to be your parts mule. In addition to the tranny plus diesel bell you'll need a clutch, flywheel(diesel specific also), and manual transmission tunnel pan 4X4 if thats the truck you have too. Better still would be to find an 87 and later 6.9 or 7.3 with a ZF5 manual, as you'd still have overdrive and the manual you want and your parts mule. If you want el cheapo and you don't care about OD that C6 is free except for the shipping, but in the interest of full disclosure it probably will cost $100-200 to ship it up to WI and it needs a VRV(dealer or junkyard only and $100 or so) to work.

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
Thanks to those who replied. I don't have internet at home, so I am inconsistant with getting on the forum. Maybe thats O.K. though b/c I might go out of business by spending all my time reading posts :thumbsup:

Yes, I have the E4 right now. I really am trying to find a 89-91 F-250 or 350 with a manual and a blown motor - something of that nature. I asked about the F-150 b/c there is one readily available.

Thanks Diesel JD for the offer too. I'm tempted but really don't want to sacrifice the OD. Thanks again.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
rock auto is a good inline source not sure about trasmissions but they hooked me up with some glow plugs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin