Good idea, COLD air intake

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DEI-080110/
I'm not sure this would replace the idea of an intercooler, but it would be a great add-on to the intercooler, a good idea for those of us without intercoolers, and those of us still NA. Sure you would have to add in the cost of the CO2, but it would be cheap insurance, especially if WE could figure out how to isolate its use to high egt's. I like the idea.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to try to find out how long a 5 lb tank will last with one of these setups, that will give me a good idea as to how cost efficient this will be.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Around here a refill for a 5 lb tank is 7 dollars. Cost efficient depending on how long the tank will last.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I want to know. If it's decent I'm buying one.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, good news and bad news.. Good news, these people reply FAST. Bad news, the setup lasts around 2 minutes of straight operation with a 5 lb tank, so 12 10-second sprays and you need a new tank. Of course bigger tanks are available, but then you have to add in that cost, and find somewhere for it.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
As was I, only way I can see it being feasible on a daily driver is with 2 20-lb tanks, and that would net 15-16 minutes still.. But there is still the idea that you use the push button they sale and only use it when you need it for egt's to come down. May last longer than what it seems, that is if we did it this way.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just food for thought;
The Auber instruments EGT gauge that I and some others are running has a programmable limit built in. It triggers a LED light on the gauge, and also trips a built in relay that could be used to engage the CO2 setup.
Would be a pretty neat, hands free setup.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Thats what I was looking into, how long would it take to have 15 minutes worth of that light being on?

medic265

Reaction score
I like that system. I wonder if the CO2 just passes through that bulb and freezes it. If so that would be easy to DIY!!

wmoguy

Reaction score
I only see that really being feasable in high hp/pulling/1/4 mile applications.

Yep. would be cool though!

Water Injection is your huckleberry if your looking for additional cooling for anything used to pull loads down the road (and drop EGTs)

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
But the only feasible water injection for us is splash injection and thats not all too balanced of an idea, may get more air in some cylinders, more water in others, oh, and you can't compress a liquid:confused: