glow plug solenoid failure

Reaction score
So my wait to start lite came on twice today and hasn't come on since. Truck still started bit I'd think that after am hour sitting it would be fine. I replaced it last month and this month I did glow plugs. Could it have gone.bad already

sassyrel

Reaction score
that would be odd,,as the new style gp regs are real good,,tho i have heard of a few going south...have someone,,turn switch on,,after you check which side is hot,,and if the other side aint,,after turning on.................................just make sure the trip wire is going hot...

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Yes, it senses the ambient temperature at the controller and times the glow accordingly. I think it stops effectively "glowing" the plugs at about 140*F.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
No jokes about how hot it is under my hood huh? Thought for sure that would get some laughs

I'm sure it get pretty ****** under there but I probably won't check it for you unless you're really 90ididoorgirl LOL

No offense. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Lol do have another question at idle when the motor gets to temp I get smoke comeing out from under my hood what could that be? I open the hood and it looks to be comeing from the passenger side front I'm wondering if my cdr has gone bad. No really bad leaks it doesn't smell like electrical. What do you vote think

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Lol do have another question at idle when the motor gets to temp I get smoke comeing out from under my hood what could that be? I open the hood and it looks to be comeing from the passenger side front I'm wondering if my cdr has gone bad. No really bad leaks it doesn't smell like electrical. What do you vote think

Not too familiar with turbos but is that where your CDR was relocated? Take off oil filler cap with engine running...if you have a lot of "smoke" coming out, it's probably your CDR. Did you put the turbo on yourself...if not, is it possible you have a road draft tube of some kind? Failing that, check for exhaust leaks or fuel/oil getting on your manifold, perhaps from a leak at the fuel filter head or a bad valve cover gasket. Just brainstorming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel