Gaskets

6.9idi_sam

Reaction score
I need to change gaskets in the old 6.9. Wondering if there's a place to find genuine gaskets? And what's the best head gasket?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Victor reinz were Original equipment on these engines. Fel-pro have proven to be good as well.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Whatever you purchase do not install an oil pan gasket. Oem did not use a gasket. Only RTV was used and still is. Now days its a common practice to have more gaskets in a complete kit than will fit your engine application. Many times the van oil cooler header gaskets are included along with a not needed oil pan gasket. That way you only have to shelf stock one gasket kit that fits 2 different applications. Two more tiny gaskets are not much cost compared to stocking a van or truck gasket set.

6.9idi_sam

Reaction score
Well my oil pan has a leak it sat for a while but should I try tightening it a little? Do you know the righting sequence

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is NO oil pan tightening sequence listed that I know of, but on such a large piece always go from side to side starting in the center, the ends last, torque to 7 - 9 ft lbs, the rear 2 bolts at 14 - 16 ft lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online