fuel/water separator problems

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got a 84 6.9 thats been sitting for a while and had hard starting issues.i did a vacuum ck on the fuel line and found that the water sep was leaking out the drain tube,hence letting air to be sucked into the system,i bottle fed the fuel pump and she started right up and ran good.whats the best thing to do w/ the water sep? eliminate it,some have mentioned the vormax unit.where are they availible and whats the cost?the truck isnt going to be used everyday and i dont want to sock a lot of money in it.thanks for any help. :hail

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
imfixinmopars said:
i just got a 84 6.9 thats been sitting for a while and had hard starting issues.i did a vacuum ck on the fuel line and found that the water sep was leaking out the drain tube,hence letting air to be sucked into the system,i bottle fed the fuel pump and she started right up and ran good.whats the best thing to do w/ the water sep? eliminate it,some have mentioned the vormax unit.where are they availible and whats the cost?the truck isnt going to be used everyday and i dont want to sock a lot of money in it.thanks for any help. :hail

Are you willing to put .10 into it??? Take a 3/8 bolt, push it up into the drain hose and put a hose clamp on it. There you go, fixed. Credit goes to cdnsarguy (Pete) on TDS.

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i went and pressure tested the seperator and it also leaks out the top at the seal on the plunger rod too,so i took it off and it runs great.