Fuel supply line from lift pump to filter housing.

CrippledEagle

Reaction score
Greetings all, first posting.
I have a 1983 F250 with the 6.9 diesel. While putting a water pump and thermostat in it I apparently reopened a crack in the fuel line from the lift pump to the filter housing. Would anyone know where I can get a replacement line? I know it has the inline heater but I keep fuel anti gel in it so a line either with or without either way I believe I can make it work, I just need a source for a new one.
I am putting new injection lines on it next as the previous owner had an injection pump installed and didn’t put the brackets and cushions back on the lines. Naturally, I had the number two line crack at the pump.
LOVE this old truck and wish to keep it roadworthy and teach my 5 year old Daughter to drive it at some point.
Thank You in advance!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
You can slide 3/8" fuel hose over the damaged spot and put a clamp at other end of the hose to repair it. If it's so badly cracked/bent that it wouldn't work well, cut out the bad section and splice it back together with hose. It's low pressure, so the lack of hose barbs won't likely be a problem, so as long as you put the clamps tight enough. Maybe even use extra hose and 2 clamps at each end for extra coverage. I suppose you could flare the ends slightly to give it a bit of a barb though, if you really wanted to.

Or run hose the whole way, that's another option.

CrippledEagle

Reaction score
Thank You! I have considered this and probably will do this should I fail to find a new or suitable used one.
I figured that it is low pressure and not likely to cause problems using hose.

gandalf

Reaction score
That's a hard line, isn't it? The easiest and least expensive way for an exact replacement is Pick-n-Pull wrecking yard. Your other choice, as Cubey mentioned, would be to run flexible fuel line all the way between the lift pump and the fuel filter. It's maybe about 18 inches. You might have to change the connection on either end, but that's a minor thing.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AN stuff from my local race shop

You must be registered for see images attach