Fuel Sending Unit Floats

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to both dealers in Tucson (owned by the same guy...) There is no buying just the float for the 92 sending unit. They want something like 300 dollars for the unit itself. I am wondering if anyone has a part number, aftermarket part source, or another model that uses the same float?

I guess worst case scenario I will just buy 2 random brass floats and safety wire them to the sending unit float arm... see how that goes.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a friend use the brass float and wired it to the sending unit in a f150 with a straight 6 an it's a 93 or 94 for the desert. works well he broke two others and then did that still works one season later so I would try that.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I needed a float for my 84 E350, took the old to CarQest and they looked it up by pictures, it was round 1" x 2" iirc $13.00

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent 20 minutes with a soldering iron opening up the original hole so it could drain, then soldering it all back up. The parts store was closed. The iron doesnt get hot enough to ignite the fuel that was filling the float.

Just guessing your float no longer floats. If you just plain don't have a float, obviously you can't repair it with solder. Lol it's 1 am and I'm tired....

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on; thanks for all the replys guys. I was hoping to get the part before I take the bed off (both tanks need work) and the downtime cannot exceed one day. There is a carquest and napa near me, guess once I get it off I will bring the bad ones in. Hopefully they are just no longer floating; not missing!