FUEL LEAK AT THE IP AGAIN....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part numbers from International for the o-rings on the IP supply line from the filter head for my 1991 7.3??? I have a fuel leak at my IP, it's not pouring out but it's making my valley pan quite wet. It's coming from the rear of the IP I think so I'm going to try those O-rings first. I called my local Ford dealers - none have any stock and IH could not do anything for me unless I brought them one for a sample.:dunno ....Are there any other common leaks on the rear of the IP? The injector lines are all tight and the truck runs fine. It takes a tiny bit longer to start than it used to in the morning - I think it's losing it's prime a little over night.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Dieselmann has them ( along with the factory part number) here
International has them, but they have about three options, so you have to bring the old ones in ( I've run into that before too )

-------Robert

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'm going to have a bull session with our nightshift foreman tommorow when he comes in, he worked for IH for 25yrs....Knowing him he might have the seals in his toolbox...LOL...Plus he's got connections at IH so maybe I can get them without the usual song and dance.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I made the mistake of calling the IH dealer the first time I needed those things and they looked them up and had them waiting, so I sent wife.gov over there after work so I wouldn't have to drive over there ( about a 95 mile round trip ), but the ones they sent with her were'nt even close so I had to go down there anyway :rolleyes:
When I bought some from dieselmann, he sent them in an envelope and it didn't cost a fortune for shipping and they were here halfway cross the country in three days.

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
IH carries them after 3 weeks of looking for a air problem that was it 2 sleeves as they call them at IH @ the tune of just .81 cents each!!!!!!Air is gone!!!!!!!! And there was no fuel leaking!!!!!!!! just air getting in the system!!!!!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made one out of a rubber fuel hose once. :dunno

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
As I suspected Larry had some in his box....Hardcore IH man he is...LOL....He only had of of each size (5/16 and 3/8) but he's bringing me in some more from home tommorow. He said it's a pretty good chance it's just the IP end of the supply line that's leaking.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said it's a pretty good chance it's just the IP end of the supply line that's leaking.

After having changed many fuel lines...I've only got the clamps on one side cookoo ...Anyway this is what I was going to suggest. The lines get cracks and pinholes and spit fuel everywhere! No matter how much you tighten them down they will still leak if they are cracked. It's hard to tell exactly where it's coming from sometimes. I just replaced a line on Sunday and I couldn't even see the crack under the nut where it connects to the injector but it was definately there. Even after I got it off I still couldn't find the hole. I also had my feed line for the IP grow a crack and I replaced the #7 line before I realized that it was the line feeding the pump. Look around real good with a flashlight you'll probably find that you have a bad line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle