FS - IDI Performance

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mel, you will be hearing from me before it gets cold, i have 2 working pumps, and will probably send one to you, or drop it off, to have this work performed on

with an n/a truck do you think i will have problems running the pump before the turbo setup goes on? as in should i have this pump done, then the other one done for an n/a setup, then when i go to to turbo, bolt on the moose pump?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe, Hard to say. I think you could get away with running it without a turbo, but you'll never be able to press down too far on the go pedal until you get it. Pyro definitely a requirement as always.

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
Hey, im still just gettin started on that twin turbo 6.9 engine i was going to be building :rotflmao ,if you remember me talking of it on here and asking questions
Ran into some money issues so it did get set back a month or 2, but i'm going to be dumpin a lot of money into this motor to hold up to the boost im pushing it to run. And im going to, of course, need a performance I.P. so pretty soon I'll be very interested in purchasing from you guys. I'm glad to see you putting a major effort into the 6.9 injection pump ordeal, and look forward to working with you. I'm not 100% sure on all details of the engine yet, just a pretty good idea, i know there will be several things that will end up getting added or discarded as the build gets going further.
Can you(and/or the people you're working with) modify them beyond what you are offering here if i end up needing more fuel? Just wondering, as I dont know if I'll wind up needing beyond what your offering at all yet. Would the guy your working with possibly( i know its already been mentioned) be interested in working on making better flowing injectors than the DPS's? I would be willing to put a decent chunk of change into it, but I do have my limits of course and could just cut down the boost and run as much as i can safely without running out of fuel. But thats no rush at all. Just mention it to the guy your working with to see if he'd be interested in it down the line. I will buy a set of DPS injectors first and see how they do on a engine dyno when im done with the engine. If you and the guys your workin with would be interested in it further down the line let me know and I'll keep it in the back of my head if i start looking for a higher performance injector option.
Thanks
Kyle

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see some people run these. I'm going turbo, but may not be buying a moose pump anytime soon since I have stock USED headbolts.... but at least there is a ton of interest. These are bound to test the safe limits of IDI performance.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meaning my n/a egts would shoot threw the roof with this pump?

Joe, Definitely, but you control that with your foot.

As for above and beyond Moose Pump levels, I imagine my pump builder could consider more radical modifications if your into spending 4 digits on pumps. He builds other tractor pulling pumps as well.

6xCrew

Newb
Reaction score
I may be looking at pumps before too long. Got a few other things to check out and do first though.

A couple questions though. Is this a max power app only or is this something that can be driven dailey? I have a turbo and will be looking into intercoolers and propaine soon. I am not looking to roll the black smoke everytime I leave a stop light but would like to have the pulling power when needed. Reliability is #1 with usable power a close #2.

Basically am I better with a more stock pump just turned way up or your pump but maybe just turned way down?

Calvin

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could use this pump on a daily driver. Under normal load, there is a clear exhaust like you'd expect on any truck. It's only when you get on it that you may have "issues". LOL Here is a picture of the Moose Truck going over the Ohio River into Kentucky at the last rally, with the Moose Pump on, doing 65 or better.
You must be registered for see images

Photo courtesy of GaPchcrm

I thought about the link in sig thing, and being that I am a mod, and not really an official advertiser, I think it would be better to let word of mouth advertising take care of things.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up Agnem, Hey I got a 93 turbo pump sitting on my shelf in my shed. Whats the best way to get this to you. I'm not needing it rebuilt till this winter but If your pump is good as it sounds, I want your buddy to do it. I'm only about an 1 1/2 hour from PA border so maybe easier to meet you some day. Right now I'm soaking money in getting my truck preped to paint. Just let me know when you get a chance. Thanks

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
As for above and beyond Moose Pump levels, I imagine my pump builder could consider more radical modifications if your into spending 4 digits on pumps. He builds other tractor pulling pumps as well.

Okay, cool, sounds good