FS - IDI Performance

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now announcing a high performance DB2 injection pump for your 6.9/7.3 IDI!

The Moose Pump!

You must be registered for see images

After considering the needs of the brotherhood, I have decided to go out at great personal expense and develop in partnership with an authorized Stanadyne rebuilder, an injection pump rebuild program that will produce a DB2 injection pump for the 6.9 or 7.3 IDI that delivers performance as good as or better than what you have come to expect from the limited number of performance suppliers out there. My rebuilder wishes to remain anonymous, due to the high quality of work which they can only deliver if they do not have mountains of pumps laying at the doorstep. Consequently, at this time these pumps are only available through me. Because I had to pay for the R&D myself, I am expecting to collect a surcharge on each pump that I have to handle. This rebuild program is exactly that. A rebuild of your existing pump, to the performance specs that we have established. All pumps are completely disassembled, cleaned, needed parts are replaced, and key components substituted to produce the smoke belching monster of your dreams. A turbo is REQUIRED and an intercooler HIGHLY recommended if you intend to get everything out of these pumps that they can deliver. Now the important part, and this you need to understand... There is no set price. This shop charges for Labor, Calibration, and Parts. Calibration is always about the same, $200. Shop Labor around $300. Parts are cheap, but they add up quick. The first "production" pump from my builder (which is currently on the Moose Truck), cost me close to $700. So, yes it is expensive in for the IDI world, while comparatively, it is half the price of many more modern diesel components. The key factor in this is the availabilty and certainty of your order being processed and you actually getting your pump back, working the way you expect. I'm still figuring out how to best do this, but my experience thus far dictates that I collect at least $400 with your running core, with the balance due (whatever that may be) when your pump is ready to ship. Individuals interested in this offer my PM me here for further details.

Also... Now Available - The Baby Moose Pump! For those looking for a high quality stock rebuild. The Baby Moose is a stock pump. After all, it's what every Moose Pump once was... :)

Thanks to Heath Sutton, we know have some dyno numbers on Moose Products. Click Here.

Update: As of 2012, I am working on an advance exchange basis. You will no longer get YOUR pump rebuilt, but someone elses. This is due to the slow turn around time I have to deal with as a result of personel changes at my rebuilder. There is a waiting list for pumps. PM me for details.

Last edited:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Can he spec match the injectors to the pump too?I want a pair of pumps and injectors.One I want better than Turbo spec and the other I want EVERYTHING he can do to get more fuel....

Edit-Oh yea,I have a rather large stash of used injectors if he needs some to experiment on.......

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, Lady Moose got the slowest award, since I tried 2nd gear for starting out in. I didn't do too well with the Moose Truck either because of a rather violent run. Lots of wheel hop, and the shift knob came off in my hand and my shifts were lousy. Ask those that were there. I thought for a short time that I cracked the bell housing. :rolleyes: That was with the DPS pump anyway. I'm afraid right now I don't have any modified injectors to offer. I've got a good chunk of change tied up in making this program available, and need to concentrate on making these pumps the standard before I spread myself too thin.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Mel

Don't need one now, but for future reference can they be calibrated for high altitude? For example above 5000 feet (I'm at 6200').

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom, I doubt that would make much sense. You would only buy one of these if you looking for a lot of fuel and heat. If you want a pump calibrated for less air, then you're looking at a stock pump turned down. You'd need to get creative with how to burn the fuel with less air, by adding drugs. I talked to my man last night, and he thinks injectors are a definite possiblity at some point in the not too distant future.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some folks had asked for flow specs. As shipped, they run in the 7.8 to 8.2 cc per 100 stroke range at 1400 RPM. They can be turned up for more. Again, there is no way to burn that much for any length of time without an intercooler. It is fun to fumigate the township though, until the EGT gauge says you have to stop. LOL

aaklingler

Reaction score
Are these pumps supposed to work best with any of the stock injectors and the rest of the fuel system stock? Do you have flow numbers at WOT, do you have any flow numbers from stock pumps for comparison?

Last edited:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Personally, I think you should have someone who has the airflow capability test your pump for you. maybe someone who as we speak makes 10+ psi at 650 deg.

Know anyone like that?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barney, I could use a salesman like you. Maybe we can work something out.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Would you/the pump shop be interested in processing GM DB2's? $700+/- is a good price for a HP rebuilt pump. Heck a standard marine head runs $500 outright, not adding in calibration or labor.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Tom, I doubt that would make much sense. You would only buy one of these if you looking for a lot of fuel and heat. If you want a pump calibrated for less air, then you're looking at a stock pump turned down. You'd need to get creative with how to burn the fuel with less air, by adding drugs. I talked to my man last night, and he thinks injectors are a definite possiblity at some point in the not too distant future.

Good point. I never looked at it that way. I didn't know if other internals had been changed for faster (not more volume) or more efficient delivery rates. I'm still an IP dummy.

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you/the pump shop be interested in processing GM DB2's? $700+/- is a good price for a HP rebuilt pump. Heck a standard marine head runs $500 outright, not adding in calibration or labor.

I'll check into it. I'm at a disadvantage however, as I have no way to test them. If you don't mind being a ginny pig... :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online