FS:Gear Vendor, C6 transmission, ATS turbo, BW 1356 transfer case, 7.3 engine core...

SKimballC

Reaction score
I have some stuff from my 1988 F250 that I am removing for a Cummins swap. The previous owner had the entire drivetrain refurbished, but I do NOT have actual mileage on any of these parts. They are all from a CLEAN rust free CA truck with 155K on it. I have a Gear Vendor in perfect shape, totally complete with all wiring, with the housing that fits the BW 1356 transfer case, which is also available. I am asking $1700 for the Gear Vendor and I'll throw in the transfer case for an extra $400. The C6 is rebuilt and has been running with a big transmission cooler, and the fluid is clear and clean still. I am asking $650 for the transmission. The ATS turbo is the earlier style non-wastegated unit, its complete- all hardware and pipes but no gauges. There's no play in the turbo, great shape. Asking $950 for it. The 7.3 blew a head gasket, cracked the block or succumbed to the Big C, there's coolant in the exhaust and oil, and mist blowing out the #3 cylinder w/ the glow plug removed. Its junk to me, make an offer. No accessories or IP. I have the IP, its a rebuilt unit, available for $200. I will negotiate on multiple purchase if that comes up. I will consider shipping any of this stuff except the engine. Located outside Memphis TN.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Memphis TN. The Gear Vendors and ATS are gone. Here's the deal now-
-rebuilt Injection pump by Allen Diesel Energy, Yuba City CA. Its in great shape- $150.
-Injection lines. All 8 of 'em. $40.
-Transfer case minus tail piece. Rebuilt BW 1356. Perfect shape. $275.
-rebuilt C6. $395
-brand new NAPA starter. Used for one day. $75
-brand new power steering pump. Used for one day-$50
-set of 8 Beru glow plugs. 4 months old.-$35
-set of 8 injectors-$70
-Fuel filter housing-$20
-vacuum pump, works right-$45
-ARE hi-boy camper shell, super nice, white, tinted windows, locking hatch, screeened sliders, $400.
-entire crap engine, a pair of heads, blah blah blah, gotta go, come pick it up. -
-other engine related odds and ends I'm sure. Ask.
Open to offers. this *****'s gotta go. This ol' truck has been spoiled rotten, but the damn engine went **** up. I am keeping the rest of the truck so don't ask about anything other than engine related parts.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think that GV would last long!

sign_man

Reaction score
How about the heads

What shape are the heads in? I can come up there and pick them up, or the whole engine if need be.

SKimballC

Reaction score
PS pump, starter, and oil cooler are gone. Thanks for all the interest thus far guys. Keep it comin'.
Sign_man, check your PM's.

Boobylinks

Reaction score
Cummins/7.3L swap info

Will you keep us informed what vendors product you used to perform the Cummins/7.3L engine swap and how well the swap went?

SKimballC

Reaction score
The IP, injectors, GP's, injector lines, and a few other things are gone. Pretty much what I am sitting on is the C6, the transfer case, and the camper top, and filter housing, vacuum pump, and other miscellaneous crap. Engine is up in the air.
Yeah, I'll keep a log somewhere about the swap. So far I can tell you that I'll be using Autoworld from Montana's conversion components. They have already been really helpful and I haven't even bought anything from them yet. I am trying to find a complete Dodge wreck right now. I have a couple good ol' boys on the hunt for me. We'll see what they turn up.

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the injectors pop tested and 4 were bad, 3 are marginal, and the last one was the only really good one. I guess that they must have been in the truck for it's entire life. I guess that I just have to go for the stage 1's all the way around.
The Chief surgeon, Mel and his trusty doctors did the pop test, for PaFixitman as I had loaned him the injectors to try and get his truck running. By the posts that he has put up, they were only spinning their wheels and not fixing the old girl.