Front Braided Lines

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While doing my suspension rcently, I pretended I didn't see how soft and worn the rubber lines going to the calipers were. Anyone have a part number or link to the correct Stainless braided lines for an 85 F250. I see they have some listed for the F150/Bronco and then a set of F250 NON HD.

Just wanna make sure I purchase informed!

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They state them as 80-97 for 4x4 so should fit! I'll look and verify tonight.

You'll want to check the shape of the hole in the frame the end of the line clips into. Some are Hex shaped, some are D shaped. No clue how to tell which is which without looking. That said, you CAN use a die grinder to make the "wrong" ones fit.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll want to check the shape of the hole in the frame the end of the line clips into. Some are Hex shaped, some are D shaped. No clue how to tell which is which without looking. That said, you CAN use a die grinder to make the "wrong" ones fit.
You know that won't be a problem!

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They state them as 80-97 for 4x4 so should fit! I'll look and verify tonight.

I only brought it up because there was brands like skyjacker that did not have the driver side hose teed, they dont sell them no more and dont remember the details just that a teed one was needed for mine.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BrakeQuip has crimpers on site at their dealers who can make brake hoses on site right from your old ones. I have no idea who sells their stuff in the northeast, but it’s kind of nice to have somebody make them exactly how you want right in front of you. I guess I’m spoiled that way in regards to hydraulic hoses.

Good luck whichever way you go. I’m always shocked how much more response you get with new hoses as the old ones swell with pressure like an accumulator.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck whichever way you go. I’m always shocked how much more response you get with new hoses as the old ones swell with pressure like an accumulator.

Just so everyone here is aware, lotza is VERY knowledgable about hydraulic systems. As far as I'm concerned, his word on this topic is gold.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BrakeQuip has crimpers on site at their dealers who can make brake hoses on site right from your old ones. I have no idea who sells their stuff in the northeast, but it’s kind of nice to have somebody make them exactly how you want right in front of you. I guess I’m spoiled that way in regards to hydraulic hoses.

It was night and day on my motorcycle. Stopping power was well improved.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F250 and F350 are roughly the same, not sure on year runs but these are what I have for my obs. Just make sure youre driver side is teed like this for the brake lines, not sure what would need done if it is not or if a quick change over.

https://www.pmfsuspension.com/Ford-SS-Braided-Brake-Lines_p_80.html

You must be registered for see images attach
Just ordered these last night. They don't give much info aside from there being a front left, front right, and rear. I do not have a tee on mine like yours but can make it work/plug it if need be.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
What is the purpose of the "T" line? Is that unique to certain years? My 94 F250 and my 94 Superduty dont have that T joint and I am looking at doing new lines all around on the superduty.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose of the "T" line? Is that unique to certain years? My 94 F250 and my 94 Superduty dont have that T joint and I am looking at doing new lines all around on the superduty.
I just received an email back from Trevor (Owner, super responsive), he mentioned they send them with the block and include a plug to be installed for vehicles without the TEE. As far as design, maybe that is how the lines were run with the proportioning valve in a different spot. Maybe hydroboost? Maybe vehicles with RABS?

Not sure! Hope someone answers this though, now I am interested.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Yeah really odd. I have one vehicle with the RABS module and one with hydroboost but neither have that. I am looking at replacing all of my soft lines on my superduty, hence the interest. I cant for the life of me figure out the purpose of that extra line.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lines, on my truck at least, run from the MC, down to the proportioning valve just below it, then one hard line attaches to the DS frame, the other routes under the engine to the PS frame, and the third along the rail to the rear. Maybe I will ask!

@1mouse3 what does the routing look like for those two teed lines?

Last edited:

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@1mouse3 what does the routing look like for those two teed lines?

My line are routed as such, the front brake are from master to drive hose and then teed to pass hose. As for the rear, there was rabs but that ended up in the scrap pile. So omitted one line from the ss hard line kit I got from inlines for a union, in turn rear is straght to the rear hose that gets teed on the axle side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online