Frame on? Resto?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the AC is why I have to run with a fan now. I use the defrost every day and my entire AC system is brand new. Electric fans would solve this dilemma but I have too many projects going on to tackle yet another.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Thewespaul
I checked out that ledfoot racing shroud, that thing is 475 without fans! I don't mind spending money on quality stuff but my goodness... I'll have to make my own shroud lol
Edit: I don't know how I miss things... I guess that is a radiator and shroud. But I've already got a a mishimoto

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give them the part number for the assembly and call them and see if they will sell you just the shroud, Ive done it in the past and it was a couple hundred bucks iirc.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up on running electric fans because it seems like it was glossed over or not noticed. Wes is able to not run a fan because he’s modified the cooling flow in the heads by knocking out the blank off plugs in the block in the outside corners and using modified 6.9l head gaskets. I don’t remember seeing in your thread here that you pulled the heads and did the cooling mod. If you did great and you’re good to go but if not and you’re trying to eliminate the stock fan and maintain a stock cooling system most of those who’ve tried it aren’t happy and end up having to go back. Just don’t want to see you have problems after all the wonderful detail work you’ve put in to make it so nice.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up on running electric fans because it seems like it was glossed over or not noticed. Wes is able to not run a fan because he’s modified the cooling flow in the heads by knocking out the blank off plugs in the block in the outside corners and using modified 6.9l head gaskets. I don’t remember seeing in your thread here that you pulled the heads and did the cooling mod. If you did great and you’re good to go but if not and you’re trying to eliminate the stock fan and maintain a stock cooling system most of those who’ve tried it aren’t happy and end up having to go back. Just don’t want to see you have problems after all the wonderful detail work you’ve put in to make it so nice.
I'm going to have Wes do the 6.9 head gaskets and stud it this summer when he has time

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got it done! Just kidding ... The HOA is about to fine me because of my truck... Not sure what I'm gonna do but I've got two weeks to do it!

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The HOA is about to fine me because of my truck

Never ever will I sell my soul to an HOA.

I wish you the best of luck. There was a guy about an hour away from me who was sued because he owned a pickup truck. A two year old, good looking clean stock pickup truck, with passenger plates. "Sir it's against the HOA policy to have a commercial vehicle in your driveway" cookoo

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because it had some kind of company logo on it?

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pickups are default registered with commercial plates here. Even my brother's explorer ranger abortion Sport trac had commercial plates.

I listened to a city council bat around the idea of outlawing vehicles over a certain size because they "encroached on the sidewalk when parked in driveways." As if any of their houses were built out of the trunk of a Prius.

Good luck with the HOA fight.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're complaining because I'm working on it and it's not complete. This definitely isn't my house, I live in Arkansas and I'm renting it. I'm moving in about 3 weeks but I hope they don't fine me or tow my truck before then. I hope I can fool them since the front cap is back on

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're going to move soon, I'd argue with them telling them that it is a complete vehicle. That should buy you enough time to move. If all else fails, could you move just this truck sooner?
Weeeellll, we have our house in Arkansas but it's 6 hours away. I'm a pipeliner so we have always moved around in our camper but there were no rv parks in a good school zone close to the job, only uppity housing. The job has moved about 75 miles and there an awesome rv park, on a lake with optional 13x30 storage units, so I'm going to be able to take it there! Because of the time frame I got ahold of @Thewespaul hoping I could dump it off on him and have 1 less thing to move! But, he's moving and busy himself lol. I'll get it taken care of, I just need to fool them long enough to get to Arkansas, get my camper and get it to Texas