Found Bad Injector....

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I gather, bad injectors out of the box aren't all THAT uncommon...I remember being told quite a while ago that you should at least have every injector pop-tested before installing. This is why, as long as he offers the service (and thank you again for this!!! :hail :hail :hail ), I'm buying my injectors from Russ...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something I've said for years. Installing new un-pop tested injectors is just swapping one unknown for another. Injectors should ALWAYS be pop tested prior to installation, no matter who they are from. And Russ and I would say that includes us too. Things can happen in shipping, but we realize not everyone can do this, so at least when you get them from us you know SOMEBODY did it reasonably close to installation time. Gary, don't be surprised when you find that new nozzle is almost as much as a whole injector.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel... I figured that parts would be a costly as a new injector.. You bet I'm going to ask prices before I buy parts. I feel all the bodys are the same as is the nozzle cap. Any slight differances will be no big deal. If I ever "make" and injector differant from the body stampings I will change the code... I just hope I can buy parts of a complete new BB code from the shop I know of... The shop has a "clean room" where all the neet work is done... Positive air pressure going into the room and clean as an operating room... All glass in the front so guys like me can "watch"... I's likes to watch....:eek::angel:LOL

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys check my thread out over on Ford-Trucks.com? I have been having problems with my new IP or injectors for three months now. I have swapped all kinds of parts back and forth but the same symptoms appear. I bought the pump from U-haul and the injectors from Russ. I am pretty much down to suspecting an injector or more is my problem.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1070552-installing-ip-injectors-return-lines-and-gps-16.html

Thanks for any help you can give.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Can you guys check my thread out over on Ford-Trucks.com? I have been having problems with my new IP or injectors for three months now. I have swapped all kinds of parts back and forth but the same symptoms appear. I bought the pump from U-haul and the injectors from Russ. I am pretty much down to suspecting an injector or more is my problem.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1070552-installing-ip-injectors-return-lines-and-gps-16.html

Thanks for any help you can give.

You would probly be better off creating a new thread. i have been following your thread on FTE. i think there are a couple guys on here and a few, not including you over on FTE. sorry to hear about all the problem. seems as thogh all the guys that are have problems with uhaul pumps right now have the turbo pump. what made you get a turbo pump for a n/a?

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the ad on Ebay said it was for a non-turbo truck. I also read that the turbo pumps would work on an a NA truck if you turn the torque screw down but I read that after I bought the pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent