Ford got some new goodies :)

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
for the past 2 weeks iv been making a new bumper for my 89 f250. here is the final product. it turned out pretty well if i dont say so myself. i did all the work myself. i have access to a cnc plasma machine, plasma cutters, grinders, huge breaks. (high school fab shop) which made this possible. made from 3/16 plate and is very heavy lol but i would feel bad if i every hit anyone with it. i have d ring mounts welded to the front of it and the hole in the front gets covered up with a spring loaded license plate and is a hidden box i put my toe straps and chains in. ill get a final pic of it posted with it on the truck. take a look

You must be registered for see images attach

also found these bad boys for 50$ on CL :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You did a really nice job. A few more air holes in the middle would have helped the radiator cooling but that does look nice.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big thumbs up on that bumper - that thing looks sweet on that truck and would look sweet on any 80-97. I'm curious about that lip on the top, both it's function and how you accomplished it.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
are you talking about the top lip in the center with the 3 holes in it? the bumper is made of 3 sections middle and the 2 sides. all started out on flat plate and drawn up on autocad then cut out using a cnc plasma machine. I then broke (bent) the center in 3 places to accomplish a 6" top 8" front and the rest is at an angle down. the sides are the same and then welded to the center. the 3 holes are mear looks. then end caps welded to the sides

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job! So how are you going to finish it? Chrome plate, paint or maybe a rattle can of bright chrome.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of paint did you use to make that cardboard look like raw steel:dunno:angel:

BTW, I love the bumper, nice job, it looks SCHWEEEEEEEET ;Sweet

But stacks, I can live without them. Personally, I hate stacks on a pickup:puke:cookoo JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online