Ford Down in TN need suggestion

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need help putting this steering column back together I have all the parts needed. I just ned help putting it back together in time for the IDI Rally???

Thanks

Ken Klein

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get any help? What did you take apart? Ignition switch or the key and tumbler assy the problem. The 2nd is a real b**** to deal with, when mine folded I cheated and used another steering column I had around thinking that would be easier, but it WOULD NOT go together with my steering box. My uncle was here and he stuck with it and ground down the telescoping shaft on the steering column so that it would fit, wow I never would have solved it by myself. I wish I were closer we would learn this together.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DIESEL JD, I actually had a steering column someone gave me out of a 83 model F250 and we just took that one and put it in, I need to figure out to get the piece of metal to actually run.....do you know anyobdy in the Nashville TN area?

thanks

Ken Klein

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had someone come by and swap the steering column out, now I need to figure out how to get her started, I seem to get air in the lines but I don't know exactly were?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read the tech article on hard starting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online