For the body-shop pros around here

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my daily driver truck, I picked it up cheap a few years back and am thinking about getting something else to drive around so I can move this guy to full-project status. Before I dump a bunch of money into this thing, there is this dent in the cab. The previous owner ran the truck into a tree and redid all the sheet metal, except the cab, which leads me to think it may cost more than it's worth to fix. Anyway, take a look at the pics and tell me if it's worth cutting a patch panel or just finding another cab. (I kinda want a slantnose truck anyway....) Oh, and never mind the disgusting coat of whatever is on the roof....I need to get that off. Normally, I don't wash trucks...but this one has so much new paint it's a shame to leave it nasty....
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I don't think you can reach that on the inside to pound out. So its drill, heat and slidehammer it from the outside. I'm sure no expert on body work. Hope someone has an idea better thn mine.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're going to have fun.
there's four layers of sheetmetal there.
you can hit it with a 10 pound sledge there and nothing will happen.
the truck is designed with some amount of rollover protection there to keep from pancaking down on you in a rollover. not saying it's as good as a roll-bar, but it's not an automatic death sentence either. after all, your vehicle weight is on the roof when you're flipped over.