Finally going to start building my...

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
Twin turbo 6.9l....After a loonng amount of time deciding what i would rather build i have decided on it. So this weekend when someone comes and buys some 2.5 ton rears from me Im going to put the motor in my shop and start the tear down and order all the parts. Here is the list of things to come...
Twin Garett T3/T4 Turbos(may change)
Intercooled
Big pin rods
Low comp ceramic coated pistons
Injectors
Modded IP
Completely rebuilt
Mild head porting
COMPLETELY rebuilt with bearings etc.. from Hypermax
I'm going to flip the manifolds, mount the batteries behind the rear seat, and put the turbos pretty much where the batteries are. Than run 2 "small" intercoolers above the engine(with a "GT500" style hood to get air to them) and have them dump basically directly into the intake. I'm going to perform mild head porting and some valve mods on them etc...
I'm kind of on a tight budget but have 3 grand to blow right away on parts and the engine should be completely built by October. Starting September I'll be going to a Diesel Vocational class, even though I know 90% of whats taught, that 10% is very interesting to me and its the things the average diesel guy doesnt know how to do, and it will greatly help me get a good job and recomendations as a diesel mechanic for a major company. I may follow this with a college course for diesel mechanics also. There is a in-house engine dyno there where I'll fine tune some things and get some power numbers for you guys.. They also have some equipment for head work that i don't have access to so thats where ill be doing the valve job
I'll probably have 5 grand into the motor(in parts as Im doing all the labor) when i'm finished....I know when I tell people i have 5 grand into a 6.9l IDI engine they'll do all they can to keep from slapping me, but a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do to satifsy his need for black smoke. Besides for 5 grand i could buy a 12V cummins and put good injectors and a turbo on it and probably have around the same hp figures, but hell everyone and there uncle has one of those.
feel 100% free to critisize the hell out of it...its all a learning experience

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds great. Take some of that money and buy a digital camera if you don't have one yet. LOL

:popcorn

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
Thats a good suggestion LOL I have one but its reaaallly poor quality and i cant find it...There wont be too much to take pictures of until i rebuild the motor tho...so ill find a new one or the one i lost before than

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online