Finally blew it up......

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i remember that but i thought i was being pent up for a fix and come back someday

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Well, good thing i got on OB today for 4x4TruckinGirl. Ive got an extra 6.9 laying around i beleive, and if the motor let loose, i beleive im close enough to bowling green, to run it down there for the meet. Id have to make sure she runs, but the price would be right at 200, and payable when ever ya have it.

I just hope Ill have enough truck to make it down there. If not ill find one, IDI or not.

pmelah

Reaction score
OK y'all have just shown me that y'all are one hell of a group of people trying to go out of yalls way to help another friend in need from cheap motor to offering to fix 4x4truckingirls problem my hat is off to y'all and KUDOS to all of y'all and i thank you for the info if KY wasn't so far from the MS gulf coast i would be on my way to give my assistance

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
kcw where in Indiana is Eckerty? I have family in North Vernon (near columbus/Seymour area down south). If you cant get your truck up in time for the meet, I may be able to get you and the engine down there. I wont be able to make it to the meet this year, but I have friends that owe me, sounds like its time to call em in for 4x4's sake.

punk

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4X4TruckinGirl - An Extended Cab will fit on my trailer. Check your tire "stick-out", it cannot be beyond your front hubs. Where on I-75 is your truck?

Attachments

• X-Cab_n_Tow.jpg
    X-Cab_n_Tow.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 14

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4X4TruckinGirl Don't tell me you haven't got that truck home yet. PM me if you haven't and I'll come down and take it to where ever you want it next week . Cackler is too far away, but a very nice jesture Chuck.
I've got a winch on my GN 25 ft deck over. Hey I can haul that little thing (truck) of yours no problem.

Edit: Sorry Chuck, didn't see your other post, read page 6 1st. Look in the LOUNGE Pg.11 02/03/09 with those tires me thinks it will be to wide for your trailer. When you coming up this way?
If I go get it for her might even fix it. Will take tools and hoist.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
we put the "fun" back in dysfunctional.

I'm always willing to help someone.... but I'd make sure she actually wants this one fixed before I spend any sweat on it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I'm gunna try and hold on to it till the rally and flatbed it there is my guess.... hope thats a better answer fer ya'll I think I have another truck for the moment, I'll know more on the weekend, I know ya'll are a good bunch of guys would be able to help with the ole trucka!! Ya always have.... :)

Sam,
you get it there, I'll pull a few wrenches to get it back on it's feet. ;Sweet
Just ask Gary.

Plus, that would make one more members truck I've had the priveledge to pull a wrench for. Kinda like a right of passage as Mel told me one day.:D

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm always willing to help someone.... but I'd make sure she actually wants this one fixed before I spend any sweat on it.
Well, remember last year when she got the new paint job and the stacks, how excited she was? And then later again with the turbo and the intercooler... Seems to me she loves the truck, but absolutely hates this particular engine that is in it, cause it's always giving her grief. I don't recall her ever complaining about the rest of the truck tis always that darn engine.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup.. generally like in any relationship.. htere are X,Y,Z parts that are/were amazing.. but you forget just how amazing they really are/were after A,B,C,and D eff up...

Sometimes it just takes some couples therapy to put the spark back in the Homosapien/truck relationship.

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4X4TruckinGirl - Where is you??
If it's true that you love the truck but not the engine... and I know I'll probably catch Hell-on-Fire for this, but... it sounds like you need to find someone who loves those engines to work on it for you, or show you how to do it yourself. It makes all the difference in the world. I think Flat Rate Wrenching is like Dental Insurance, If you try to get it done in the time/$ allotted you will lose. I love these engines. It's a fine compact diesel with mechanical injection and reasonable maintenance costs. Maybe it's my limited scope, but the 7.3 IDI is the finest engine I have ever had the pleasure to work on. The only thing I ever ***** about is the 2 cents a mile for the oil and filter...
OLDBULL8 - I was thinking about picking up her truck on one of my return trips and dragging it to the KOA. It's only a couple of tanks out of the way... but your F/B & one of those Winchey Thangs would work well. I looked at the pics of her truck per your clue and it looks like her wheels are wider or have less backspace than I can handle. I could change them to stockers for the load but..... That's getting "tiring" ... Done enough of that lately.. Anyways I'll let you know next time I'm coming through Beaverdam. I have that Serpentine V/P Pulley in my truck with your name on it.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno Ron. What are the wives gonna think? After all, it is a girl we are talking about. LOL We best fix it before they meet her. cookoo Sam, if this deal goes south, Ron and I might be the ones who need serviced. LOL

And mabye a place to sleep too. :eek:

:sly