Figured out how to post pics!!

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
Here is the POS starter that i removed from my block, and my life, not too long ago if you remember the post.

the new one is a Mitsubishi. anyone recognize the old one??? ever see it before? WHAT A STUPID DESIGN!!!! you cant get the upper bolt out without much swearing and shear luck. the damn casting design prevents you from being square to it!! is this a chevy starter? it seems like it!

You must be registered for see images attach

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
The new one sure is pretty....

The upside is its not -35 below. I say that since I was there about 4 years ago.....its sucks worse when its cold....

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
My 7.3 has the bottom one (barely squeaks into place) and the 6.9 I picked up at the wreckers had the upper. Add a bent upper bolt, and even when I got the engine out, I couldn't remove it. Sawzall to the rescue!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I've never seen that top POS in person, but it looks like a Nippondesno starter.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is a nipondenso and they are usually ane awesome starter. there is several clockings to allow access to the bolts and I bet you got one for a cummins, because I tried one on mine and you couldnt get to the top bolt. And yes they are the same gear and pitch for an industrial 5.9 and our engine.
I could use some parts off it if you want to get rid of it for shipping costs.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
The starter you pulled out looks like a psd starter....:dunno

My dad has a 2000 psd, and the new one in the pic is the same one that came on his truck stock.

I could use some parts off it if you want to get rid of it for shipping costs.
the starter went bye bye for a core! but thanks for the information. i had never seen one before, and wanted to know more about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent