Expert opioins need on a truck

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been driving past a OBS F250 SuperCab 4x for a year or so now, and seeings that it never moved, today I stoped to see if it was for sale. Turns out it is a 92-93 (forgot to check) with a 7.3 ATS equiped(aftermarket, not factory) slushbox 19Xk miles. Story is the guy was working on it for someone else, and said the injectors were bad.:dunno It "did" run just not well. What ever that is worth. So what I am asking is, with a clean blue bucket interior, minor rust on the body, and the turbo, would a cool grand be too much? ;Sweet I want to put the motor in my 79 Super cab, but dont want the slushbox too bad.
How does one tell again what ATS kit it has, 088 or 093 right? (banks owner:D)
Thanks,
Matthew

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
doesnt sound like to bad of a price. if it was near me id pick it up just because im wanting a turbo'd idi. as long as you get a clean title with it, you should do fine.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to cavitation and other issues, many here will recommend figuring on replacing the motor when buying a truck, and if the rest of the truck is nice enough to warrant that then go ahead and buy. Buying a non running truck is a real gamble. Could be that it had bad injectors, or could be any number of much more expensive problems, which the guy either knows about and is being dishonest or just doesn't know about. I'd try to get it in the 5-800 range personally.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we had a motor with no power to it couldnt get up a average hill
well tore it apart and had a hole in one piston
gp damage to 3 pistons
all gps were broke off
2 injectors were melted solid
but it ran i was amazed it ran like that