Exhaust wrap

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The sad thing is that I picked up the manifolds from him while I was visiting and I had the turbo mount along. I didn't start thinking about the ceramic coating until after I was back home. Dang! I could have had $0 shipping one way.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
What colors Wes ?
I cannot get Diamond Eye Dual Exhaust shipped to me but maybe you can purchase what u want and ceramic coat it and then ship it to me, i may have to ship you my down pipe.
Txt or call me to work out details.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I see maybe a 50* increase in egts typically, but in exchange for better spool up and a cooler cab.

The RV's up pipe on mine was [kind of poorly] wrapped already by a previous owner, while I put a turbo blanket on recently. I also loosened the trans tube mounting bolt and bent the bracket a little so the doghouse cover wouldn't contact it [as badly], tightening the bolt back after. Now it has almost no gap between the firewall and the doghouse rubber gasket. It's still not perfect but I don't think it can get any better than it is now. Hopefully it reduces noise and excessive heat in the cab. It's a much bigger issue with a dog house cover than a solid firewall obviously. EGTs have been fine on hills, highest I have ever noticed was about 900 even with moderately high wind at about 55mph. Considering it has no cold air intake, it's not too horrible.