Exhaust wrap

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The sad thing is that I picked up the manifolds from him while I was visiting and I had the turbo mount along. I didn't start thinking about the ceramic coating until after I was back home. Dang! I could have had $0 shipping one way.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
What colors Wes ?
I cannot get Diamond Eye Dual Exhaust shipped to me but maybe you can purchase what u want and ceramic coat it and then ship it to me, i may have to ship you my down pipe.
Txt or call me to work out details.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I see maybe a 50* increase in egts typically, but in exchange for better spool up and a cooler cab.

The RV's up pipe on mine was [kind of poorly] wrapped already by a previous owner, while I put a turbo blanket on recently. I also loosened the trans tube mounting bolt and bent the bracket a little so the doghouse cover wouldn't contact it [as badly], tightening the bolt back after. Now it has almost no gap between the firewall and the doghouse rubber gasket. It's still not perfect but I don't think it can get any better than it is now. Hopefully it reduces noise and excessive heat in the cab. It's a much bigger issue with a dog house cover than a solid firewall obviously. EGTs have been fine on hills, highest I have ever noticed was about 900 even with moderately high wind at about 55mph. Considering it has no cold air intake, it's not too horrible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online