exhaust pic question

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
hey guys, it's time to start collecting parts for my exhaust, and for the life of me, i can not remember whose exhaust pic this is or where they accquired this -y- pipe. here is a pic. anybody know who it is or where they got it
thanks for the help
chris

Attachments

• stacksunderbed.jpg
    stacksunderbed.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 72

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i remember right that truck was for sale a few months ago i remember seeing a thread about it but i dont remember the guys name

mainiac

Reaction score
I remember him stating he made them pipes. Nice work with a tig.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Looks like 5 90's and a 45 with a couple of 4 (or 5") to 3" reducers. Shouldn't be too hard to fab. Call Auto-jet and they can get all those parts to you.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Call Auto-jet and they can get all those parts to you.

thanks for the site, looks like i'm going with aluminised steel under the truck, stainless 304 for the rest. everyone has chrome, i like the look of stainless
now the question, straight stacks with rain caps or mitere cut? whats everyone like
chris

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
thanks for the site, looks like i'm going with aluminised steel under the truck, stainless 304 for the rest. everyone has chrome, i like the look of stainless
now the question, straight stacks with rain caps or mitere cut? whats everyone like
chris

Personally, I like rain caps. Some folks like the looks of miter cut...and they also don't mind having to clean the mess up that gets sprayed all over the truck every time you have a cold start after rain or heavy condensation.

--------Robert

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on the rain caps. I always thought they looked cool, and they're more practical than miter-cut or turn-outs, for the reason Robert mentioned...

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miter cut all the way. Rain caps are annoying and ping ping ping with the exhaust pulse at idle plus they are ugly but thats just my opinion. I am going to mitter mine but not on a 45* but less like a 30* or so. The only thing is when it rains they fill up with water and it blows nasty black soot water all over everything when you drive it after a rain. Im thinking of drilling a small drain hole in the lowest part of my exhaust pipe, lide 1/16 or so.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Those stacks are hidius man:puke: I personaly dont think that they should stick a foot and a half above the cab and the rain caps just do it in man. truck looks good other than that. If they were even with the cab then I could deal with the caps. If I was to do that to mine I would add some fuzzy bed spread ruffle things to the head liner, stick on flames, curb feelers and a small chain steering wheel:rotflmao

Just my 2 cents

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also like 4" miter cuts when the just about even with the top of the cab maybe a little higher. But its your decision as it is your truck

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I argee, its your call. By the way opinions are like buttholes....everyone has em' and most of em' stink!

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Those stacks are hidius man:puke: I personaly dont think that they should stick a foot and a half above the cab and the rain caps just do it in man. truck looks good other than that. If they were even with the cab then I could deal with the caps. If I was to do that to mine I would add some fuzzy bed spread ruffle things to the head liner, stick on flames, curb feelers and a small chain steering wheel:rotflmao

Just my 2 cents

I'll say that the stacks above the cab are true to form. I've never seen a semi truck with stacks that didnt stick up above the cab and I also like to see them sticking up at least a foot above the cab on our trucks. It is definitely a matter of opinion though. By the way mine are above the cab about a foot and I went with the rain caps because I like them and no one else with stacks seemed to have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online